Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tweet Tweet - Bird Speak for Merry Christmas

Hi all!

I'm popping in today with a last minute Christmas card. :) This one uses the Wings of Joy stamp set from Taylored Expressions and for the layout I used the SplitCoast sketch challenge 312 from yesterday.

I had a few items laying on my desk that I had made for one project or another and then decided not to use. The first is a green polka dot bow made using a Bow Easy and the second is a mini chipboard scroll that I had painted with green metallic paint. I paired them up with a cute little tree stick pin for a fun accent. I'm really getting into these stick pins - so much so that I had to order a couple more packages in different styles. :)



I couldn't find a way to add a sentiment to the front without messing up the flow of the card so I added one to the inside. Of course I couldn't just stamp the sentiment. I had to do a little additional decorating. :)

Now that my pretty card is posted I have a bunch of other things to do including repackaging all of the cookies I baked so they can be transported to their final destination. So I'll chat at you later!
Recipe:
Stamps: Wings of Joy (Taylored Expression).
Paper: Old Olive, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Pink Dotted Swiss (Bazzill).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers.
Other: Tree Stick Pin, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Mini Scrolls Chipboard, Green dotted ribbon, Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, green metallic paint.

2 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to use Crystal Effects more. It really makes your cards SPECIAL. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)