Thursday, January 13, 2011

Belated Birthday Birds!

Hi chickadees!

How have you been doing? I've been practicing my snow removal form the last couple of days (shoveling!!!) and haven't had a ton of time to stamp. In fact it took me two nights to finish this card using the Belated Birthday - Stand Out A La Carte from Taylored Expressions. All that cold air must be making me S L O W. ;)


Of course, the slowness might also be due to my trying a new to me coloring technique. I broke out a set of Prismacolor pencils I've had since high school (please don't ask me how long ago that was... snicker) and bought a bottle of Oderless Mineral Spirits (aka OMS) and these birdies were me first attempt. I think they turned out cute... but I still love my Copic markers! One other note - I did coat the balloon with Glossy Accents after coloring and of course added dots of Liquid Pearls.



And in keeping with addictions I used another stick pin to attach the sentiment to this card. This time I tied the tag to the pin with some twine and then inserted the pin into a layered felt flower. I used the Friendship Blooms dies from TE to cut the flowers from felt. The sentiment says "I didn't forget your birthday" and then "I just wanted my card to stand out from the card!" was stamped on the inside.

One final note about the card: I created a background from 1/2" stripes of designer paper matted on Early Espresso cardstock and stitched the edges.

What do you think? Would you like to see more coloring using the pencils or are you a fan of the Copic markers?

Recipe:
Stamps: Belated Birthday - Stand Out A La Carte (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Naturals White, Fine & Dandy True Blue (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Accessories: Light Blue Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), PrismaColor Pencils, Odorless Mineral Spirits, ruffled suede ribbon (May Arts), yellow twill, twine, oval punch, crystal stick pin (Maya Road), corduroy brad, foam dimensionals,
Dies: Friendship Blooms.


6 comments:

  1. I think the card was well worth the 2 nights it took to complete. I just adore the card. I wonder if those dies work in my cricket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Danielle. I am more of a pencils girl, but honestly, I think you could colour with any medium, and it would turn out awe-inspiring. I LOVE anything that you create - you are soooooo talented Danielle - and it's always a delight to have your latest update in my In Box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Danielle! this card is soooo super cute. love those birdies and the papers and the pin-it's all so well put together. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle this is SO deliciously cute! I like the sheen on the balloon lots! It is such a smile card and your coloring is fantastic. The dimensions of paper is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Danielle! Love the felt flower embellishment you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)