Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Mail Makes the Birdies Sing

Hi Friends,

I'm popping in with a quick post sharing my latest MFT creation using the Pure Innocence - Happy Mail stamp. I paired the image with some leftover Snowy Day designer paper and some yellow accents to make a cheerful card.


I originally used green polka dot ribbon instead of the twine but it overpowered the card. So I ripped it apart and switched to the twine. And then I redid the sentiment... a couple of times. Would you believe that at one point it was stamped on red cardstock and there were Rouge Liquid Pearls? Oh yeah! But I redid it and made it better! :)


I added a bit of glitter to the mailbox and her hairclip. I also used an edger punch and did a bit of sewing.

Later gators - I'm off to count some sheep. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence - Happy Mail (MFT Stamps).
Paper: River Rock, Early Espresso (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Snowy Day designer (Create Paper).
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers.
Accessories: yellow brads (SU!), Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Divine Twine.
Dies/Punches: Dotted Scallop edger (EK Success).

5 comments:

Sherman Unkefer said...

I love what you did on the mailbox. Very nice card!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super duper cute!!

Lisa H. said...

she's A-dorable! love all the extras you added.

Gabby said...

I like all the details ... the mix of colors and papers and textures ... very nice card! :)

Joanne B. said...

Such sweetness! I wanted you to know what your project is being featured today on the MFT Blog as part of Our Favorite Finds!