Saturday, January 22, 2011

January SFYTT: Happy Bunny

Hi Crafty Friends!

I think the weather outside is influencing my crafting. All this cold has me thinking thoughts of Spring and with Spring comes flowers, soft colors and lots and lots of bunnies. ;) And I used all three of those things on my card tonight: cute bunny from The Cat's Pajamas set Blow, soft pastels from the new Hopscotch designer paper pad by Basic Grey and a beige crocheted flower I made.



I used the January SFYTT for the layout - check it out if you like. It's a fab layout and there is even a prize involved. I stamped the main image with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers before trimming. I almost colored the rabbit's tail pink when I mistook it for a mushroom spot but realized my mistake just in time. Hee hee hee. I stamped the same image on a piece of the designer paper and matted on Early Espresso cardstock before adding the colored image with dimensionals. I added Bisque Liquid Pearls along the edges. I really tried resisting the pearls but failed.


I stamped a matching sentiment from the set on River Rock cardstock that had been matted on Early Espresso. I attached a crocheted flower to this layer using a designer brad. For the next layer I used a polka dot embossing folder on Sweet Blush cardstock and matted on more Early Espresso. I then matted another piece of the designer paper to Early Espresso and attached the two layers together before adding some ribbon. To finish I adhered all of the layers together with foam dimensions. Yes... many foam dimensionals were sacrificed in the making of this card. LOL!

Recipe:
Stamps:
Blow (The Cat's Pajamas).
Paper: Sweet Blush (PTI), River Rock and Early Espresso (SU!), Hopscotch designer (Basic Grey), Choice Snow White (TE).
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers.
Accessories: crocheted flower, Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Jocelyn designer brad (SEI), beige brads (Basic Grey), Melon Berry satin ribbon (PTI), foam dimensionals, embossing folder (Sizzix).

2 comments:

  1. pretty card! neato DP, and that phrase sure is sweet! Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! I just got this set, and I haven't got to use it yet!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)