Thursday, January 20, 2011

Love Birdie on a Branch

Hi Crafty Friends,

I'm back this evening (late) with another card using a new stamp set from There She Goes - Love Birds. I couldn't resist this set... I have a weakness for tweety birds but not the ones that sit outside my window at the crack of dawn making tons of noise. Seriously - they need a snooze button. ;)


I used my ancient small set of PrismaColor pencils to color the image and OMS to blend the colors. I have a secret to share - I had a gift card and saw this set of a 120 pencils so I shopped and I bought. ;) Hello beautiful colors!

After coloring the image I die cut it with an oval Nestabilities. I added some Flamingo Pink Liquid Pearls around the edge - as far as pearl placement I just dot away and don't bother with a template or such. So the spacing isn't perfect but it is close enough for me. I added some Glossy Accents to the hearts and dusted with glitter.

I do have a coloring tip: start with the lightest colors and work your way to the darkest, blending after each color. I didn't on this image and you can see where I picked up some of the darker color of the branch and hearts when trying to blend the blue shadow around the image.


Besides the Liquid Pearls and glitter I used a couple of heart stick pins and some pretty ribbon to accent the card.

Night night all! I have some Zzzzzs to catch! ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Love Birds (There She Goes Clear Stamps).
Paper: Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Cherry Cobbler, Choice Snow White (TE), designer (My Mind'sEye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Accessories: PrismaColor pencils and OMS, Ric Rac ribbon (May Arts), Swirl ribbon, Flamingo Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents(Ranger), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU!). heart stick pins (Maya Road), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals.
Dies/Punches: Scallop Edger Punch and Oval Punch (SU!), Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

2 comments:

  1. Wow Danielle, That card was some work to put together. Worth it though since it is totally cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)