Friday, January 28, 2011

SC317: You're Dino-mite!

Hi Friends!

I decided to play along with this week's sketch challenge over at SplitCoastStampers - SC317. Been a while since I've participated... or at least made something that actually resembles the sketch. ;)

I used the dinosaur from the recently released Kid at Heart stamp set from Taylored Expressions as the focal point and to create some very green background paper.

I wanted the main dino to really pop so after stamping and trimming I backed him with a piece of black cardstock diecut with a Labels 16 Nestabilities. And guess what? I didn't use any Liquid Pearls on this card... instead I used Black Enamel Accents (ha ha ha).

So what do you think? Cute? :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Kid at Heart (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana, Basic Black (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Lime Pastel and Olive Pastel Fluid Chalk (ColorBox), Memento Tuxedo Black.
Accessories: Black Enamel Accents (Ranger), Tiny Twinkles (TE), Black Divine Twine, edge distressing tool, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Labels 16 Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

4 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I love this Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loveee the color green! Fabulous dino card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness gracious. You can do more with two colors than I can with 20. This is amazing. Love all that baker's twine and bling. I hope you'll come play with us sometime at Catered Crop - would love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)