Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sweetheart Tags

Hi All,

How about I share some sweet Valentine goodness this Sunday? I spent a bit of time this weekend making a set of tags to celebrate the holiday. This project called for a little stamping, a bit of coloring and a bunch of die cutting.

To start I used the Tim Holtz Styled Labels die to cut a chipboard tag. I covered the front with BoBunny designer paper and the back with Pink Pirouette cardstock. I added Flamingo Liquid Pearls around the edge and added a silver jumbo eyelet to the top. I stamped a sentiment from the A Little Love set onto Pink Piroutte and trimmed the ends into points before attaching to the tag with dimenionals. This tag is so fun and feminine I just had to name it. Frannie. Hee hee hee.

Of course I didn't want Frannie to be lonely so I made her some friends. ;) And then I made Frannie and her friends some party dresses. I started by cutting a Lacey Circle from black cardstock and added Rouge Liquid Pearls. Next I punched 1 3/8" circles from designer paper (for extra sturdiness I layered the designer paper on black cardstock). Next I die cut a punch of leaves using the Taylored Expressions Leafy Branch die. I only used a portion of the die cut. Next I stamped a flower from the Friendship Blooms on white cardstock and colored with PrismaColor pencils. I coated with Glossy Accents and added a rhinestone to the center. To finish I tied some ribbon onto a stick pin and adhered the pin to the the back of the lacey circle with dimensionals.

Yay... I think they turned out well. Although I did go a bit crazy with the Liquid Pearls. To finish here is a closeup so you can see how much dimension this gifty tag has. Now I just need some gifts to attach the tags too. :)



Recipe:
Stamps: Friendship Blooms and A Little Love (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Basic Black (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Crush Collecion 6x6 designer pad (BoBunny).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Accessories: PrismaColor pencils and OMS, Rouge and Flamingo Liquid Pearls, Glossy Accents (Ranger), foam dimensionals, jumbo silver eyelet (We R Memory Keepers), heart stick pin (from Valentine Project Pantry Kit), red swirl ribbon, adhesive rhinestones, black Divine Twine, chipboard.
Dies: Lacey Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 1 3/8" circle punch (SU!), Leafy Branch (TE), Tim Holtz Styled Labels (Sizzix).


3 comments:

  1. What cute tags! I love the Tim Hotlz line. I'm blog surfing today and found your site, love it!
    Thanks for sharing!
    loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and very adorable. Nice one for the upcoming Valentines day. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)