Wednesday, January 19, 2011

TE Blast From the Past: Love Style

Hi friends!

I'm back today with a card I made for the January Blast from the Past Blog Hop for Taylored Expressions. The theme for this month is L O V E! I went with sugary sweet love and used the For the Love of Cupcakes stamp set and some glitter (it is an addiction).


I stamped the main image two times. I diecut the first image using a circle die, sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink, added a bit of shadow using the W1 Copic marker and finished by dotting the edge with Bisque Liquid Pearls. I colored the cup cakes from the second image and trimmed. After popping the cutout images over the first with foam dimensionals I accented with Glossy Accents and a touch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Many of the ingredients used on this card are from the Valentine Project Pantry Kit (most of the cardstock, the designer paper, brads and ribbon).



Ready for more lovely LOVE themed cards? Check out all the other peeps participating in the hop:





Recipe:
Stamps: For the Love of Cupcakes (TE aka Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Pink Pirouette (SU!), other papers from Valentine Project Pantry Kit (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger).
Other: ribbon and brads from Valentine Project Pantry Kit and Crystal Glitter (TE), Bisque Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals.
Dies: Circle and Lacey Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

20 comments:

  1. OK... you're turning into a liquid pearl princess! Love all the dots and you made those cupcakes look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty! I love those stamped cupcakes....and you have colored & glittered them wonderfully! Awesome job! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blingy cupcakes and the background papers you used are great! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those cupcakes look so yummy! beatuful layout, colors and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of my all time favorite images and I love what you did with it! I see we also share a love of Bisque LP! So cool the way you made them really small and close together - perfect special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Danielle! Those cupcakes look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your details with the cupcakes and your card is scrumptious! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, your little sparkly cupcakes are sooo yummy and I'm lovin all the LP dots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love the dimension in your cupcake image and the glitter and liquid pearl accents look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously...in love with this card! It's awesome! I cannot understand how you got all those pearl dots so perfect! Great project. I'm a fellow blog hopper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy!!!!! Your card is even good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card! Love that image, the sparkle, the liquid applique... just perfect! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, what a great card! I love the sparkly cupcakes and the liquid pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my this is so cute!! So yummy! I think I need to run to the bakery :-) Adorable, love all the extra details (liquid pearls, the glitter!) Extra sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah baby!! Sugary sweet is the way to go in my books!! Those cupcakes are DELISH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful job on this card. Love the liquid pearls and bling on the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous, Danielle! LOVE the Liquid Pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great bling accents.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute! Love the yummy cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You and those pearl dots...fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)