Friday, January 7, 2011

TE Release Day: Showcasing A Little Love

Hi Crafty Peeps!

Today is the day. All of the fabulous stamps, dies and accessories that we have been sneak peeking are now available for puchase at Taylored Expressions (check out the Fresh Out of the Oven category for all of the new stuff).


Of course I have another creation to share today! This card full of Valentine goodness uses the new A Little Love stamp set. To start I created a heart background using the scalloped heart image from the set and Rose Coral Chalk ink. I matted it on black cardstock and added a border of designer paper (Be Mine by Echo Park) to the bottom before stitching the edges with my sewing machine. A couple of ribbons finished this layer.


The rosette was created by scoring two 1" x 6" strips of designer paper every 1/4" and then accordian folding both of them. The ends were adhered together to create a rosette. I sandwiched the the rosette between a couple of circles of cardstock. I then stamped the dove from A Little Love on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored with Copic markers. It was then punched out using a 1 1/4" circle punch and matted on a slightly larger circle cut from black cardstock. I then attached it to the rosette with dimensionals before adding some Liquid Pearl dots and coating the bird with Crystal Stickles. To finish I added two stick pins (inserted into the foam dimesionals); one of which a sentiment flag was attached (my new favorite way of adding a small sentiment).


So what do you think? Is it beautiful? Does it make you squeal? Hee hee hee. For more fabulous samples check out the Baker's Dozen and our Guest Designer:


Danielle Lounds - that's me!
Lea Lawson - January/February Guest Designer


Recipe:
Stamps: A Little Love (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Naturals White, Basic Black, Choice Snow White (TE), Be Mine designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rose Coral Chalk (ColorBox).
Accessories: Flamingo Liquid Pearls and Crystal Stickles (Ranger), white ribbon with swirls and heart stick pins from Valentine Project Pantry Kit (TE), black double stitch ribbon, foam dimensionals, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

13 comments:

  1. Beautious! LOVE the glittered dove! (Also love the chocolate lollipops from yesterday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Danielle! I love the glittery dove. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! That rosette is gorgeous with the striped paper and your glittery dove is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the sentiment tag on the stick pin, and the papers you used are just fabulous!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you added the sentiment to the pin and the sparkle on the bird is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle,
    Love your work! After reading your post today I had to try the rosette. Thanks much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Thank you for the instructions on creating the rosette. I can't wait to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack!! I just ADORE This card!!! I LOOOOVE how the rosette turned out with the striped paper...too cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)