Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: Rest & Renewal

Hi peeps!

I'm still alive! The nasty cold I caught on Christmas may have held me back a bit from stamping over the holidays but I made my way to the crafty room this last weekend and had some fun playing with the new stamps, dies and accessories that Taylored Expressions is releasing at the end of this week. I had to... they needed some lovin'! :) And now I can share the first of the creations I made with those new goodies.

For my sample today I'm using the new Rest & Renewal stamp set - the latest addition to the Lasting Impressions line of stamps. The set includes 6 beautiful Bible verses as well as 5 matching sentiments. It also coordinates beautifully with the New Beginnings stamp set and matching dies. I used the frame die to cut out a piece of Buttercream cardstock on which I stamped one of the Bible verses. I accented it with some dots of Buttercream Liquid Pearls (such a pretty warm yellow).



I then cut a few butterflies from wool blend felt using the new Butterflies die (love!). I layered the medium sized butterfly on top of the large one and stitched together; adding beads to cover the really big stitch I made. Check out THIS LINK for some fabulous info on how the TE dies work.


All of the wonderful new products being peeked this week will be available for purchase Friday morning at 8AM (PST). Ready for more fabulous sneak peek samples? Then check out the Baker's Dozen:

Recipe:
Stamps: Rest & Renewal (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Ocean's Tide, Choice Buttercream (TE), Campfire designer (October Afternoon).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Other: Green seed beads, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, wool blend felt, green satin ribbon, cream poly-twill, Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger).
Dies: Butterflies and Frame It Up - 1 (Taylored Expressions).


13 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty! I love the felt butterflies and all the little details. I hope you are feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love that scripture, and I love how you showcased it ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' the butterflies, Danielle. Hope you feel better ASAP! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Danielle! Look at all those liquid pearls... are you taking lessons from Sankari!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - I love the way you layered those butterflies! And the LP are the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! Love the felt layered butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I just love the scripture sentiment! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly girl!! I LOVE the felt butterflies and the beautiful liquid pearls with the stitching!!! SO sweet! Such beautiful details!!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love those butter creme pearls and your precious butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well make me sick with a cold too if I can churn out a beauty like this one!! Absolutely gorgeous! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layering of the butterflies really works - clever girl! Lots of great ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Danielle! I LOVE the Liquid Pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS! The dot details are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)