Wednesday, January 5, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: Wreath of Love

Hello! Welcome to the second day of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions! There are some sweet stamps, fun dies and a fabulous Project Pantry kit being debuted today. I'm really excited to share the project that I worked... really really excited... so scroll down, okay?! :)


See... well worth the effort of scrolling, isn't it? It is the Love Coupon Book.


All of the designer paper and cardstock are from the new Valentine Project Pantry kit. The kit also includes some fabulous ribbon (the red grosgrain used in this project), chipboard, Sparkly Fluff, heart shaped brads and more! The heart wreath, love sentiment and small heart images are all from the Wreath of Love petite set. Like other TE stamp sets this set is made from high-quality rubber mounted on cling foam and precut. All you need to do is place the stamp on an acrylic block and stamp away! Oh, and this Petite set comes on its own mini full color storage panel.

Notes: I stamped the wreath on white cardstock and diecut using the matching Wreath of Love die. I colored with Copic markers and distressed the edges using Tea Dye Distress Ink by Ranger. I added Glossy Accents to the red hearts and covered the pink hearts with pink Sparkly Fluff. I also stamed a couple of the little hearts, colored with markers and cut out.

I used a couple of the chipboard pieces from the kit to accent the main image. I inked up the heart with Rose Coral Chalk ink and once dry coated with more of the pink Sparkly Fluff. I inked up the LOVE sentiment with Warm Red and then applied a liberal coated of Glossy Accents.

The book covers are 3 1/2" x 7" pieces of chipboard covered with designer paper from the kit. Since the designer papers are only 6" wide I used a bit of pink textured cardstock to cover the remaining portion.


Inside are 6 coupons (2 each of 3 different designs) that are ready to be filled with some special deal or another (hee hee!). The coupons are from the Coupon Book Download that is available in the TE store. After printing on Choice Snow White cardstock and cutting them out I decided that they needed a little color so I decorated each page. Really, I did!
For the first coupon I colored the heart with Copic markers and then applied Glossy Accents. I also added Bisque Liquid Pearls along the heart border.

I decorated the second coupon with another of the colored and die cut wreaths. This time I just used Glossy Accents (no sparkly fluff) and attached a ribbon flag using a white heart brad.


For the third coupon I colored the hearts and used both pink sparkly fluff and Glossy Accents. I also added a border of pink cardstock to the end of the page over which I added a border of red hearts cut out using the new Heart Border die. A little twine finished the look. :)

So what do you think? Is it fun? :)
All of the new stamps, dies and the project pantry kit will available for purchase at Taylored Expressions this Friday at 8AM (PST). For more fabulous sneak peeks, check out the Baker's Dozen and guests:

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds -- That's me!
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Nancy McKinney
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild

Recipe:
Stamps: Wreath of Love Petite (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Valentine Project Pantry Kit and Choice Snow White cardstock (Taylored Expressions).
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Warm Red and Rose Coral Chalk Ink (Colorbox), Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers.
Other: Bisque Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), twine and crocheted ribbon (May Arts), red grosgrain ribbon, sparkly pink fluff, white heart brads and chipboard letters are all from the Valentine Project Pantry Kit (Taylored Expressions), chipboard, Bind-it-All and 3/4" silver O-Wires, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).
Dies: Wreath of Love, Heart Border (Taylored Expressions).










9 comments:

  1. This is just such a cute project, Danielle! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous project, Danielle. Love the glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just screams (in a nice way) LOVE! Really like how you used the glossy accents on the chip board, that really pops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that coupon book is darling!! I love the wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun little booklet! I love all the shine!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)