Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthdays are the Best

Hiya Crafty Friends!

I've been a busy bee in my craft room the last week or so working on a bunch of cards, but I was keeping 'em secret for a bit. But now that I can share 'em with you I thought I would start off by showing one of my favorites: a sweet birthday card using the new Ainsley stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs.


I colored the majority of the image with PrismaColor pencils and OMS. The skin and the shadow around the image were colored with Copic markers. I think I may be addicted to using colored pencils now - I just love the look they create. The layout for my card was heavily inspired by this card by Jessica (I even added a scallop border just like hers). And I think her card was inspired by a card made by Kim T. while we were all crafting together. LOL! ;)


I thought I would also share something a little different from my normal pretty pictures... a look at the mess I make when coloring images with PrismaColor pencils and OMS. :) I like to see all of my pencils at once so I pull 'em out of the cubbie and spread them across the desk. Of course I also need some entertainment so I have my laptop right next to me either playing a DVD or streaming a show/movie from Netflix. Between that and all of the other stuff on my desk I'm left with just enough room to work. :)


Messy messy... and maybe I should replace that sheet of grid paper. It has had better days. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps:
Ainsley (Whipper Snapper Designs).
Paper: Lemon Tart (PTI), Pretty in Pink and Naturals White (SU!), white, designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (E00, E02, W1).
Accessories: PrismaColor Pencils and OMS, Small Scallop Border (TE), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), satin ribbon, white swirl organdy ribbon, Divine Twine, small oval punch (SU!), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

2 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)