Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cool as a Cucumber

Hi my crafty friends!

I'm checking in late tonight with a simple card. Well... at least as simple as I get. I even left most of the edges naked. Yikes! Has there been an invasion of the body snatchers? LOL!

I started with the new Napolean bug stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs and colored with Copic markers. I used shades of aqua and light green which left Napolean looking as cool as a cucumber. After coloring I sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink and then matted on Ocean Tides card stock. I embossed a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock and adhered to a Naturals Ivory card base. I added an accent strip of paper that was punched with a scallop edger and finished with a piece of My Mind's Eye designer paper.


I then added a piece of poly-twill ribbon and accented with a button and twill. Easy peasy and all that was left to do is add a sentiment. I stamped a sweet saying from the Sweet Expressions - Anna Wight cling set on a small piece of Aqua Mist cardstock and snipped the end to create a flag. A couple foam dimensionals and a bit more sponging with the Antique Linen Distress ink and my card was finished.


Recipe:
Stamps: Napoleon, Sweet Expressions - Anna Wight Cling set (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides (PTI), Naturals Ivory (SU!), white, designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: black, Copic markers, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: twine, button, Ocean Tides Polytwill ribbon (PTI), Scallop Edger Punch (SU!), embossing folder (Sizzix), foam dimensionals, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

2 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)