Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hugs and Kisses

Hi Crafty Friends,

I'm popping in today with a pretty pink Valentine creation using the S.W.A.K. Petite Stamp Set from Taylored Expressions. I've been waiting to ink up this stamp set and today seemed the perfect day for it. :)

Details: I stamped the penguin twice. The first copy I die cut with a Labels 3 Nestabilities. The second I colored with Copic makers, cut out and adhered over the first with dimensionals. I added some Glossy Accents and a bit of glitter to strategic portions of the image. I finished the focal point by sponging the edges with Antique Linen and then adding Petal Pink Liquid Pearls.

I cut various pieces of Be Mine designer paper, distressed the edges and matted on black card stork. I stamped a sentiment from the set on Pretty Pink cardstock and cut to size, cutting the end to look like a flag. I adhered to the card and decorated with a couple of buttons that were tied together with a piece of ribbon.


I finished embellishing the card with another button, some stick pins and a bit to extra wide twill tape. Hmmm... I like how it turned out but I really need to get my sewing machine fixed. I prefer the look of stitched edges to distressed edges. Ah well... that is next on my list after the heater in my Jeep is fixed... gotta have priorities, ya know! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: S.W.A.K. Petite Stamp Set (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black (SU!), Choice Snow White (PTI), Be Mine designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers.
Accessories: Heart Stick Pins (Maya Road), buttons (PTI), edge distressing tool, Petal Pink Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine glitter, foam dimensionals, twill tape, twine, ribbon, Labels 3 Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)