Sunday, February 20, 2011

Make a Little Wish

Hi all,

I was planning on going shopping today but the weather was looking a bit frightful (snow and freezing rain) so instead I stayed home and made a big pot of chili! It was especially tasty after I spent a little time shoveling!

Of course I also spent a bit of time crafting (yay!) and doing laundry (boo!). You'll have to wait a bit before I can post those cards but I do have another fun Whipper Snapper sample to share. This time I used the new Birthday Baker Mouse image.


I used one of my favorite color combos: aqua/teal and orange. I'm a little surprised at how much I love this combo, especially considering that a few years ago I didn't like orange or aqua. Amazing how things change. :) To color the image I used PrismaColor pencils and OMS (odorless mineral spirits). I added a touch of Glossy Accents to the balloon, mouse nose and parts of the cupcake - I dusted the cupcake with glitter while the Glossy Accents were still wet.



A silver button from the My Mind's Eye Lush line of accents, a bit of black divine twine and some pretty My Mind's Eye designer paper completed the card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Birthday Baker Mouse, Make a Wish (Whipper Snapper Designs).
Paper: white, Basic Black, Soft Sky, Naturals White (SU!), designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Black, orange Copic Spica Pen.
Accessories: PrismaColor pencils and OMS, Glossy Accents (Ranger), mat pack, paper piercer, silver button (My Mind's Eye), black Divine Twine, stitched ribbon, foam dimensionals, Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)