Friday, February 25, 2011

SFYTT: Basketful of Spring!

Hello!

I have a peep-a-licious card to share today. Hee... I can call it that 'cause the bunny is peeping over the edge of the basket. :) The image is one of the newly released Spring stamps from Whipper Snapper Designs: Cottontail. I colored the image with Copic markers and accented with my go to favorite items of Glossy Accents and Crystal Fine glitter.



I diecut the image with a Circle Nestabilities die and matted on a slightly larger piece of Kraft cardstock cut with a Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities. I added a small rhinestone to each scallop. The various layers of card were cut from Hopscotch designer paper and matted on Early Espresso cardstock and the edges stitched. The sentiment was added to Aqua Mist cardstock and accented with buttons and twine. Once the card was completely assembled I decided a bit more sparkle was needed so I sprayed the whole card with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. Oh-la-la! :D




For the layout I used the fabulous February Sketch For You to Try that Jen del Muro hosts at i{heart}2stamp. I may have to pull this one out and use it again... and again. ;)





Recipe:
Stamps: Cottontail, Basketful at Easter (Whipper Snapper Designs).
Paper: Kraft, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Aqua Mist (PTI), white, Hopscotch designer (Basic Grey).
Ink: black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Tiny Twinkles (TE), Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, buttons and twine (PTI), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart), foam dimensionals.

7 comments:

  1. Oh how cute - that bunny is adorable! Love the glossy accent eggs and all the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable - cute bunny and a fabulous take on that sketch! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! Love that you used Glossy Accents to accent those cute eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww this Easter card is to die for! I love love love all the layers, very special!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)