Monday, February 28, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: Banners and Easter Bunnies

Hi Craft Friends!

I have a lot of fun crafty stuff to share this week and the first thing on the list is some sneak peeks of fabulous new stamp sets and a die from Taylored Expressions. All of the items being shared will be available Thursday morning at 8AM (PST), but between now and then the design team has oodles of fabulous crafty projects to share with you.

First up we are peeking three new sets: It's a Banner Day 2 Mini Stamp set plus coordinating Banner Day 2 die, Spring Wreath Petite Stamp set and the Spring A la Carte stamp. Each of these sets is deeply etched rubber on EZ Mount, trimmed and ready for stamping.

My first sample uses the Banner Day 2 stamp set and die as well as Sweet Spring (this is an oldie but goodie set!). :) Banner Day 2 is the second set in the It's a Banner Day series concepted by Iwona Palamountain (aka Chupa) and illustrated by Taylore and it includes nine images - three banners and six matching sentiments. This set is fabulous and can be used year-round. I used it on a card but could also see the banners being used on tags or gift boxes. Hmmm... I have a few ideas percolating in the brain box. :)


I stamped the basket image from Sweet Spring on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I adhered some Crystal Fine glitter to the bow and the top of the cuppie with a 2-way glue pen. I sponged the edges of the image with Antique Linen Distress ink, matted on turquoise and stitched the edges with my sewing machine. I then stamped a banner and sentiment on more of the turquoise card stock, die cut with the matching die and adhered over the basket with foam dimensionals. I did shade the banner a bit with a couple of Copic markers. A little designer paper and some matching glittery brads and ribbon finished the card.

My second card uses the Spring Wreath Petite Stamp set - the third installment in the seasonal wreath series concepted by Jami Sibley and illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line. The wreath image from the set coordinates with the previously released Wreath die (so versatile - all of the wreaths fit this one die!). I didn't use the wreath for my card today but instead used one of the fabulous coordinating images in the set. This heart flower is sooooo cute - I just love it.


I stamped the flower four times on Choice Snow Whie cardstock, colored with Copics and cut out all of them. I added Glossy Accents to the centers and the outer edge of the petals and dusted with glitter. I then filled in the remaining portions of the petals. I paired the sweet flowers with some of the new fantastic Stella Rose - Gertie designer paper from My Mind's Eye and a bit of polka dot ribbon. I think this may be one of those cards I have great difficulty parting with... mine mine mine! :D


Well that is it for me today! I'll be back tomorrow with more fun stuff. But in the meantime why not check out the rest of the design team:


Thinking of You Recipe
Stamps: Banner Day 2 Mini,
Sweet Spring (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Naturals White (SU!), Choice Snow White, turquoise, Hippity Hoppity designer (We R Memory Keepers).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers.
Accessories: glitter brads, glitter ribbon, 2-way glue pen, Crystal Fine Glitter, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals.
Dies: Banner Day 2


Happy Easter Recipe
Stamps: Spring Wreath Petite (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Ripe Avocado (PTI), Pink Textured (Bazzill), Stella Rose - Gertie designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine Glitter, Heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, polka dot ribbon, 1 1/4" square punch, foam dimensionals, jumbo vanilla brads (SU!), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).



7 comments:

  1. Absolutely darling, Danielle! Love the cuppie in the basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! I am just loving these bright springy colors and these new stamps are adorable!!! Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so super adorable, Danielle! I love your Cuppie card and such a clever way to use the cute flower from the petite set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable Danielle!!! LOVE that cuppie in the basket and the glossy flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so cute! I love that you used that flower as a focal image! And the little tocuh of copic coloring on your cardstock banner os such a great tip - I will definitley have to remember to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are GORGEOUS Danielle! LOVE your gorgeous coloring and the layouts on these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)