Thursday, February 3, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: It's A Banner Day 1

Hi Crafty Friends!

Welcome to Day Three of Sneak Peeks. Only one more day and all of the fabulous sets we have been showcasing will be available for purchase. Today we are focusing on the It's a Banner Day 1 stamp set and its matching Banner Day 1 die.


It's a Banner Day 1 set features a variety of banner stamps and sentiments with a coordinating banner die. This fun banner concept was brought to us by the amazing Iwona Palamountain (also known as Chupa). It is a fun set that will coordinate with many of the existing TE sets. For my sample I paired it up with the Pet's Place stamp set (I've been waiting for an excuse to use this set!) and one of the fabulous new acrylic frames that Taylored Expressions will be carrying.


I used Paisley Parade designer paper from KI Memories to cover the front and back of the frame and to decorate the inside. In my world the sky is green and the grass is orange (insert big grin here!).

I painted the inside and outside edges of the frame with brown acrylic paint. After decorating the inside of the frame with the paper I added a couple of critters popped up on dimensionals. I stamped the banner and sentiment on Choice Snow White cardstock in Memento Rich Cocoa and colored with Copic markers. I added some glitter and then coated with Glossy Accents. Once dry I adhered to the outside of the acrylic frame using more dimensionals. It is a very simple layout but it turned out sooooo cute! I need to get my hands on more of these frames!

And here the frame is hanging off a shelf with a bit of Divine Twine. I think this will make a nice gift for someone special. :)

For more fabulous samples check out the Baker's Dozen and friends:

P.S. The following paper collections will be on sale 20% off beginning Friday morning:

Crate Paper Restoration
KI Memories Paisley Parade
Echo Park Walk in the Park
Echo Park Little Boy
Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety
October Afternoon Cherry Hill

Recipe:
Stamps: It's a Banner Day 1, Pet's Place (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Paisley Parade designer (KI Memories), Choice Snow White
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers.
Accessories: Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal fine glitter, Bella Medium Acrylic Frame (Darcie's), foam dimensionals, brown paint.



10 comments:

  1. Your frame gorgeous!! I love that unique shape and how you've hung it up. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! These are two things I'm into right now. Birdies and pups (always into them!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSA girl! LOVE this frame and the stamps you used!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just left Sankari a comment on how you both have convinced me I NEED liquid pearls! This frame is GORGEOUS, Danielle! I LOVE the shape and the scene you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so darling! I love all those papers and how you used them to make this scene. Adorable! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I my gosh, I love what you've done with that frame, your puppy and birdie are so cute, love the layered dp's. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack!! How cute is this!! It's the sweetest little piece of artwork ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute frame with the dog & bird! love the rolling hills

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle, your frame is just DARLING! I love the "rolling hills"! So, cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)