Wednesday, February 2, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: Wreath of Luck and Fashionista

Hi Crafty Friends!

Welcome to the second day of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions. Today we are showcasing two new stamps sets: Fashionista and Wreath of Luck. All of the new stamp sets and featured products will be available for purchase Friday at 8AM PST.


My first card uses the wreath from the new Wreath of Luck stamp set. This set is an expansion of Jami's seasonal wreath concept and features a wreath of shamrocks and several St. Patrick's Day images. These cuties were illustrated by Nancy as part of the Whimsical Wishes Collection.


I stamped the wreath image on Choice Snow White cardstock and die cut with the matching Wreath die before coloring with Copic markers. I added Glossy Accents to some of the shamrocks and dusted with Fine Crystal glitter. The button and glittery dots are from the Lucky Sampler Kit - a selection of fabulous green embellishments.

I have a sad moment to share with you... my sewing machine broke while making this card! Oh boo hoo... now what am I going to do with all of the naked edges? Guess I will just have to use more Liquid Pearls and maybe break out my paper piercer. :D

I also used the Circles and Scallops Impression plate to texturize a couple layers (it helped me cope with the naked edges... hee hee).

For my second card I used the new Fashionista set: a new Tena stamp set (for the Apple Doodle Ink collection) designed to coordinate with the Window Shopping stamp set and boutique building theme. Sooo many fun shoes in this set that I just had to use a couple of them on my card and make them extra sparkly.

The naked edges got to me... so I used oodles of Liquid Pearls. ;)

For more fabulous samples check out the Baker's Dozen:

Eat, drink, and be Irish! Recipe:
Stamps: Wreath of Luck (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: designer (My Mind's Eye), Choice Snow White (TE), Naturals Ivory (SU!), Spring Moss (PTI), textured green (Bazzill).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewign machine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), twine, polka dot ribbon. Button, sparkly dots from Lucky Sampler. Scallop and Circles Impression Plate, Wreath die.

Sparkly Shoes Recipe:
Stamps: Fashionista (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Buttercream (TE), Other cardstock and designer paper from Valentine Project Pantry Kit (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers.
Accessories: Bisque Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Lacey Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Divine Twine, twill ribbon from Valentine Project Pantry Kit, foam dimensionals.




10 comments:

  1. oh I love both of your cards! nice pearls a la Sankari too! fab job with your stitching Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I am loving your oodles of liquid pearls - yum! The shoes are gorgeous and your St. Patty's Day card is amazing - love all that green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AWESOME Danielle! LOVE the layouts and embellies on these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are amazing, love all the greens in your Irish card, it is one holiday we do celebrate at the "Kerry" household. Your shoe card is awesome too, love the colors, bling and papers, awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, not sure if my previous comment came through at all. If it didn't, I just gotta say again that both cards just dropped my jaw, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fabulous!! Pearls look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOdles of liquid pearls has me SWOONING! They are PERFECTLY spaced!! Gorgeous card!

    LOVE the ST. Patty's Day card and all of the polka dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOD GRIEF!! Both of your cards are AMAZING...but all those liquid pearls you are using, GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embossed background is lovely, and you are giving Sankari a run for the money as liquid pearl princess! Love both of these! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome!! I love all the details you add to each card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)