Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thanks a Latte!

Hello!

How has your weekend been? I finally got around to doing a bit of shopping - plenty of candy for the candy bucket at work but no new sneakers. The parking lot was crazy and finding a spot to park the Jeep seemed futile so I decided to wait 'til another day (I have no idea what was going on that it was that busy!). Wowsa! But that does mean I had a bit more time to spend on this card:


The card is 3 1/2" wide by 5 1/2" tall and I used Concorde Crush for the card base and accented with some Almost Amethyst and a bit of green Dotted Swiss Bazzill cardstock. I stamped the coffee cup from From the Heart on Choice Snow White and colored with Copic markers before cutting out. I add some little green micro beads to the heart on the cup and coated the entire cup with Glossy Accents. I stamped a matching circle sentiment from the set on another piece of white cardstock and die cut with a Circle Nestabilities die. Next I cut a frame from the green cardstock and added dots of White Opal Liquid Pearls along the edges. Once everything was dry I adhered all of the pieces together with dimensionals. Nicey nice!


Next up I adhered a strip of designer paper to the piece of Amost Amethyst cardstock and stitched the edges. I added a piece of ribbon that I pleated - using a bit of glue to tack in place until I could affix it permanently with a line I stitched down the center. To cover up the stitching I added some black twine (the stitching actually looked good... I just like twine!), A few rhinestones and a sentiment finished the card. :)


Recipe:
Stamps: From the Heart, From the Heart Funnies (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Concorde Crush, Almost Amethyst (SU!), Green Dotted Swiss (Bazzill), Be Mine designer (Echo Park), Choice Snow White.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Small Oval Punch, Black Divine Twine, Dotted Black Grosgrain (May Arts), green micro beads (Martha Stewart), adhesive rhinestones, foam dimensionals, White Opal Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders).
Taylored Dies: Medium Scallop Border and From the Heart Frame (Taylored Expressions).





1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)