Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome to the Neighborhood

Hi Peeps!

Are you ready for something bright and cheerful with a heavy dose of Spring? I sure am! I'm so over Winter and ready for warmer temps and a view out my front window of something other than snow. Of course that might be asking for a lot this week so instead I concentrated on making my very own slice of Spring... on a card!

I used the cupcake house stamp from the newly released Cozy Cottages set from Taylored Expressions. I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored with PrismaColor pencils and then trimmed. I added a touch of Glossy Accents to the Cherry and hearts and dusted with Crystal Fine glitter. I also dabbed a bit of the Glossy Accents on the tiny little window, but no glitter.

I then created a scenic summer background for the house using My Mind's Eye designer paper and a bit of green wool-blend felt. I cut the felt with pinking scissors and stitched in place with my sewing machine. The bottom was a little messy so I covered it up with a length of ruffled suede ribbon, a button and a bit of twine.

So what do you think? Did I bring Spring or what with this card? :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Cozy Cottages (Taylored Expressions).
Papers: Taken with Teal, Naturals White (SU!), Summer Sunrise (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), Fine and Dandy - True Blue designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Accessories: PrismaColor Pencils and OMS, button and twine (PTI), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, ruffled suede ribbon (May Arts), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart), foam dimensionals, wool blend felt, pinking scissors.

3 comments:

  1. This is SO ADORABLE, Danielle! LOVE the felt as grassy hills!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally brought it. I'm melting. Pretty, pretty spring card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)