Saturday, March 5, 2011

Blue Skies Coming Soon

Hello!

I have a bit more news to share with you this month. I'm back on the There She Goes design team as a Senior Trendsetter. Woo hoo! I'm incredibly excited to be working with Jessica again and her amazing talented and fun design team. Oh... and I love the stamps! ;) Including the new cute set, Under the Weather, that I used on this card:


I went with bold, bright and fun using a color scheme of Aqua and Red. I stamped the adorable girl from the set on white cardstock and paper pieced the umbrella and raincoat. The rest of the image was colored with Copic markers. I matted some of matching designer paper on Aqua Mist card stock and stitched the edges. I then tacked a length of ribbon in place, ruffling as I went, and permanently affixed to the card stock by sewing it in place. I wrapped a length of ribbon around where I stitched added a button and tied in place. Next I matted a circle I die cut from red cardstock on top of more of the Aqua Mist (die cut with a scalloped circle). I adhered to the prior layer with foam dimensionals and then added dots of red Liquid Pearls around the edges.

To finish a matching sentiment was stamped on Aqua Mist and matted on red. A button was sewn to the left side with more of the twine and the red side was trimmed to mimic a flag. I shaped the little banner a bit with my fingers and adhered in place with 3D glue dots. Do you like the two colors together? It felt a little weird using just the two of them... usually I throw in a Dark Brown or Black to coordinate but this time I'm letting them do all the work! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Under the Weather (There She Goes Clear Stamps)
Paper: Aqua Mist, Red, white (PTI), Naturals Ivory (SU!), Stella Rose - Mabel designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: red buttons (PTI), twine and red polka dot ribbon (May Arts), dimensionals, glue dots, Circle and Petite Scallope Circle Nestabilities.

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on the DT
    exciting!!!
    sure could use some blue skies around here, it has been awhile.
    lovely card and I love the colors..
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Congratulations on being back on the TSG DT! I have never used their stamps before, but after seeing all of the wonderful projects on your blog and a couple of others, I think I am ready to try them out.
    Lorri W.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)