Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March Blast From the Past Hop: Spring Thoughts

Hello everyone! I'm back again today with a sweet card I made for the March Blast From the Past Blog Hop for Taylored Expressions. The theme for today - Spring!

*** Scroll down just a bit to see my There She Goes blog hop post. :) ***

At the end of winter I'm always excited to see the return of birds! Because I know shortly after their arrival Spring will be here! So I had to use some little birdies from the Branchin' Out set on my card to celebrate the return of Spring (bye-bye snow!).

I stamped a branch and the birdies from the set in Memento Tuxedo Black on white card stock and colored with Copic markers. I stamped the birdhouse on another piece of white card stock, colored and cut out. I adhered to the main panel with dimensionals.

I applied Glossy Accents to the leaves and strategic parts of the birds and bird house. I added a bit of glitter to the later. I added a little string of twine between the branch and the bird house... can't just have it floating out in space... unless it is a bird house that can hover. ;)

I accented the main image with a little ribbon tab and a corduroy button twined with another length of the twine. So what do you think? Does it make you think of Spring too?

For more Spring goodness check out the rest of the blog hoppers:




Recipe:
Stamps: Branchin' Out (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Ocean Tides, white (PTI), Early Espresson (SU!), Stella Rose - Hattie and Mable (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Ribbon, corduroy brad (SU!), Glossy Accents (Ranger), glitter (Martha Stewart), twine (May Arts), foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, adhesive rhinestones (KaiserCraft).

17 comments:

  1. Oh my! So adorable and springy! You totally rocked this set and I love your little ribbon tab/button/twine treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing!! I love the glossy accents on the leaves and the twine? Beautiful! I must pull this set out again, it's been a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I love the glossy accents!! Great job! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card! So great with the coloring and the layout is classy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling!!! Love the glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whow love this card and your colors go so well...love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable! Love the glitter and glossy accents. Makes your card pop! And yes, it has a very Spring feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a REALLY CUTE card!!
    Love the glossy accents and how the birdhouse is dimensional!!

    Thank you for sharing.
    Carol Froehlich

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so cute these birdies and their house. Love the glossy touch and the button/ribbon/twine and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...this is just precious!!!! The little scene you created is adorable and I love how you added the CE to the leaves...they look awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card love the shine to it!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card--I love the glossy accents you used (must get myself some!) and I love the floral patterned paper!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card!! Love the Glossy Accents! Perfect to embellish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)