Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SCRSC33: Thanks For Making Me Smile

Hello Crafty Friends,

I'm checking in today with a fun card I made for Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps' challenge this week. The challenge? To use this fabulous sketch:


For my card I used the delightful Latern Rin image and more of the Stella Rose designer paper from My Mind's Eye. I used the colors from the paper to inspire my PrismaColor pencil coloring of Rin. I went with vibrant and lush. Nicey Nice!

After coloring and trimming the image I added a touch of gloss to the latern and the flower in her hair. I used my sewing machine to stitch the various pieces of designer paper to coordinating cardstock and accented with a couple of Aqua glitter brads and a bit of green striped ribbon. To finish a match sentiment was added and everything was adhered to a Poppy card base.

For more sketchy inspiration check out the following talented ladies:
Danielle Lounds, March Guest Designer
Alice Wertz
Kim Yu
Shaela Odd
Simonne Clay
Sparkle Smith
Stephanie Kraft
Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Store - for purchasing stampy goodness.
Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Blog - for all the Sparkle Creations news you need.
Recipe:
Stamps: Lantern Rin (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps).
Paper: Poppy, Early Espresso, Soft Sky (SU!), White (PTI), Stella Rose - Mabel designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger), ribbon (SU!), brads (American Crafts), foam dimensionals, PrismaColor Pencils and OMS, Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

4 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Pretty papers you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - love those colours! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling, Danielle! Love the beautiful colors and your lovely coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)