Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SCRSC34: Lemons and Limes

Hello!

I'm back today with a card I made for Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps' challenge this week. The challenge? To use this photo of some lovely lawn furniture from Pottery Barn as your inspiration.

I decided to pull some colors from the picture and use them as a color scheme for my card. I stamped Traveling Josh in Memento Tuxedo Black on white cardstock and colored with PrismaColor pencils before cutting out. I layered Josh on a circle of Daffodil Delight card stock that I had added dots of Lemon Liquid Pearls.

I cut a couple pieces of Stella Rose designer paper and matted on Early Espresso cardstock before stitching the edges with my sewing machine. I also matted the Daffodil Delight circle on an every so slightly larger lacey circle cut from more of the Early Espresso. To finish a sentiment was stamped on Karft cardstock and the corners rounded.


For more takes on the inspiration challenge check out the following talented ladies:

Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Store - for purchasing stampy goodness.
Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Blog - for all the Sparkle Creations news you need.

Recipe:
Stamps: Traveling Josh (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps).
Paper: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Kraft (SU!), white (PTI), Stella Rose designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, gold Spica pen.
Accessories: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Circle and Lacey Circle Nestabilities (SpellBinders), Liquid Pearls (Ranger), brads (SU!).

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Danielle! Love the colors and all the fun layers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)