Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: A Little Spring and A Little Easter

Hello and welcome to day two of Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks! We have two fabulous new sets to share and I'll also be showcasing the new Spring Project Pantry Kit on my second project. Oh fun! These fabby new products will be available for purchase from Taylored Expressions Thursday at 8AM (PST).

P.S. If you are looking for my Sparkle Creations sample it is the next post... but maybe check out these projects first? :)


My first project uses the Easter Joy mini stamp set which is made up of ten images including two Bible verses. It comes on a 4.75" square full color storage panel is already trimmed and ready for use. I decided to pair the cute (very very cute) little lamb with the sun image and a matching sentiment (I love the fonts used in this set!).


I kept the layout relatively simple and used some of the fantastic designer papers from the Stella Rose - Hattie line from My Mind's Eye. I have to admit - I love every single paper in these pads so you might be seeing them a lot. A LOT! :)

I applied a bit of gliter to the sun and accented the main image with a button and some yellow twine. More twine was used around the secong layer of the card and I went a bit crazy with my sewing machine... stitch stitch stitch.


My next sample uses Hello Spring, a full-sized stamp set that is the latest addition to the Apple Doodle Ink collection. There are 20 images made up of an adorable mix of Spring and Easter images and matching sentiments. For my project I used a cute chick in a half shell, a sweet flower and a matching circle sentiment. The project? Little shaker boxes on decorated clothespins! I made four of this clips using cardstock, designer papers and ribbons from the new
Spring Project Pantry.

In my first picture you can see how I used the clip to attach a tag to a gift bag full of chocolates. Nom nom nom.


I cut strips of the designer paper from the Spring Project Pantry Kit and adhered to the clothespins using Best Glue Ever and let dry (it is fast). I then tied a bit of ribbon around each clothespin. Next I built the shaker boxes, filling them with glass microbeads. I attached the boxes to the clothespins using foam dimensionals and accented them with adhesive rhinestones.


The layers of the shaker box are the following (from front to back):
1. A piece of cardstock die cut using a Circle Nestabilities and a Jumbo Scallop Square Nestabilities. The circle sentiment was stamped around the opening.
2. A piece of acetate.
3. Foam tape. It was a little wide so I made it skinny by cutting it in half lengthwise.
4. White cardstock on which the image that you see through the opening was stamped.
5. A square piece of cardstock that matches the front and is slightly larger than layer 4. This just gives a finished look to the back of the clip (my Copic markers soaked through the white cardstock so it looked a little icky).

The Hello Spring set has an amazing variety of fabulous images and if I had more time I would have made a matching card or two (especially using the carrot car!!!). :)
Maybe someone else from the design team used the carrot car. I'll have to do a bit of blog surfing and find out. :) If you would like to see more samples check out the rest of the team:

Easter Joy Recipe
Stamps: Easter Joy (Taylored Expression).
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Stella Rose - Hattie (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, yellow button, ivory embroidered ribbon (May Arts), Divine Twine, foam dimensionals, Crystal Fine glitter (MS), 2-way glue pen, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

Hello Spring Clothespin Clips Recipe
Stamps: Hello Spring (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Cardstock, designer and Choice Snow White from Sping Project Pantry kit.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Circle and Jumbo Scallop Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders), clothespins, Best Glue Ever, ribbon (also from kit), adhesive rhinestones, foam dimensional tape, glass micro beads.

8 comments:

  1. OMGosh... those little clips are the most adorable thing I've ever seen! How cute and clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card - the popped sheep and the twine to mimic the sunrays are wonderful. Those shaker clips are both ADORABLE and UBER CLEVER! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GET OUT with the cutest clothes pins EVER!!!!!!! They really jazz up that brown bag perfectly!!! I also love the button/ribbon tab combo on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another CUTEST CLOTHESPINS EVAH, Danielle!! They are so adorable and so CLEVER! Your card is beautiful with all the sparkle on the sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, those little clips are the cutest thing ever!!! Gorgeous card as well.
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative!!! I love those clips...what a darling idea and your card is fabulous! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. those clips are just adorable-- what a sweet idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)