Wednesday, March 2, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: Pennants and Tweets!

Hello! Welcome to the third day of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions. Have you been lovin' what you have seen so far? I hope so! :) Today we are sharing peeks of A Tweet for You mini set and the Pennant A la Carte set and its matching Pennant die!

First up is a card I made using the A Tweet For You set designed and illustrated by Taylor for the the *te* collection. It coordinates with the previously released Favor Frame die. I decided to use the images from the set to create a card packed full of Spring goodness! :) I used designer papers and some green cardstock from the Spring Project Pantry kit to create a stitched background panel. I then stamped the bunny and egg images in Yellow Cadmium Chalk ink on a light yellow piece of cardstock. This yellow is quite intense so I stamped off once on scrap paper before apply the inked stamp to the card stock.

I stitched the bunny/egg panel to more of the green cardstock and then accented with a bit of ribbon and a button before adhering to the base panel. I then wrapped some twine around both panels and added a sentiment die cut using the Favor Frame die. To finish I added a crocheted flower... (which I had to add since my sewing went wonky on that corner of the panel... oops!).


For my second project I used the Pennant A la Carte and matching die as well as a tulip image from the Hello Spring set we debuted yesterday. Pennant A la Carte was illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Whishes line and the set is made up of two pennant stamps: one solid and one polka dot). Pennants are hot hot hot right now! I've been seeing them everywhere and was quite excited to see both images and a coordinating die added to the TE line of stamps! I'll try to restrain myself but you might be seeing oodles of Pennant-lisciousness on my blog. :)


I stamped the pennant twice on Choice Snow White cardstock and die cut with the matching die. I then spelled out "Happy Spring" using Tiny Type stickers by Cosmo Cricket. I then sponged the edges with Scattered Straw Distress Ink and adhered to the card with foam dimensionals. I stamped the tulips from Hello Spring on more of the white cardstock and colored with Copic Markers. I did more sponging and then layered on red cardstock and stitched the edges with my sewing machine. I added a bit of Glossy Accents and Crystal Fine Glitter to the tulip petals. A bit of Stella Rose - Hazel designer paper and more of the red cardstock was used to create the next two layers. A bit of twine and pink satin ribbon finished the card.

I debated adding the bunny in the carrot car image from Hello Spring to the card (I even colored and cut it out) but decided it just didn't suit the rest of the card. I'm so going to put that carrot car on something... sooner or later!

Do you likey? :) All of the stamp sets, dies and the Spring Project Pantry Kit will be available tommorow, Thursday March 3rd, at 8AM PST for purchase at Taylored Expressions. For more fabulous peeks check out the design team: Eggstra Special Recipe
Stamps: A Tweet For You (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Lemon Tart, Naturals Ivory. Green cardstock, Choice Snow White and designer papers from Spring Project Pantry Kit.
Ink: Lime Pastel and Yellow Cadmium Chalk Ink (ColorBox), Memento Tuxedo Block.
Accessories: Pennant Border Die (Taylored Expressions), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), buttons, crocheted flower, Divine Twine, foam dimensionals.

Happy Spring Tulips Recipe
Stamps: Pennant Stamp, Hello Spring (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Red, Naturals Ivory, Choice Snow White (TE), Stella Rose - Hazel (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Warm Red and Rose Coral Chalk Ink (Colorbox), Scattered Straw Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: Favor Frame Die (Taylored Expressions), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, pink satin ribbon, Cherry Divine Twine, foam dimensionals, Crystal Fine Glitter, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Tiny Type Stickers (Cosmo Cricket).











6 comments:

  1. How cute, Danielle! I love how you made your own patterned paper with the icons in the top card! And you second card is gorgeous... I'm all for the pennant-licious-ness! Love how you used the tiny type with the banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, these are just gorgeous cards!! I especially love the layout of the first one. Oh so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous!!! I just love the pattern you created on the yellow layer of the first card and and the fun tiny letters on the pennant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Danielle-- the letters on that pennant are fabulous and I love the glitter touches! super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the Tweet For You set, Danielle! ANd that pennant with the letters is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)