Monday, March 7, 2011

TSG97: Get a Little Krafty

Hey Peeps -

I'm actually ahead of the game this week and have my take on the TSG challenge done... on time! I'm trying to not fall off the couch with shock as I type this. :)

The details: this week’s challenge is brought to us by our Trendsetter of the Week, Jodi. She has issued a challenge to use KRAFT CARDSTOCK somewhere in your creation. You can use it as card base or as mats to your different layers, or as your focal panel, or you can create a masterpiece that showcases only Kraft…the choices are endless! I chose to use a bit of Kraft cardstock for the focal image of my card. :)


To be eligible for the giveaway, all you need to do is create a card that incorporates Kraft Cardstock, and then head over to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of the challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (Mar 14th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store! Which maybe you can use to buy the fantastic Day or Night stamp set - because I just know you are going to want it after seeing my little yellow house. ;)

I wanted to show you all of the dimension on the little house, thus this second photo. After stamping the house on the Kraft card stock I stamped it two more times on white card stock and colored portions of both with markers. I then cut out the house of the first and just the roof of the second image and layered them over the Kraft card stock with foam dimensionals. Also you can see in this picture how I ruffled the yellow polka dot ribbon before sewing in place. Hmmm... yes, many dimensionals were sacrificed in the making of this card. Hee hee hee!


And a final shot of the card so you can see the glitter I added with Copic Spica pens. Oh - a bit of Glossy Accents was added to the itty bitty windows.

Now, I hope that you didn't make the leap from Yellow House to Yellow Submarine like I did. If so, you probably have the Yellow Submarine song by the Beattles playing in your head... on loop. Gack! Please don't hate me. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Day or Night (There She Goes Clear Stamps).
Paper: Kraft, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Lemon Tart (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), Stella Rose - Gertie designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: Lemon Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Divine Twine, Lemon Tart polka dot ribbon (PTI), Labels Dies (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensionals, brads (Recollections).

6 comments:

  1. Ahead of the game AND totally ROCKIN' the card! Girl, this is FABULOUS! LOVE the layout, the colors, the stamps you used...AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, this is SOOOO cute! The subtle Kraft and black cardstock just makes that green and yellow POP! Great details, too... the layout, the ribbon and twine together. Very yummy design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute card and the popped out house is brilliantly bright

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable Danielle! Love the extra pop on the house and the deep green is a great pairing with the Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ruffle ribbon and the twine and all of your liquid pearls are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)