Friday, April 15, 2011

Break Out Your Orange Alien Suit

You’re one of a kind so break out your little alien suit and do your best boogie!  At least that was my inspiration for the card I’m posting today. ;)  This little cutey of a stamp is from the set Out of This World by There She Goes Clear Stamps.  I stamped him three times and only colored one of them… because he’s a little different and stands out from the crowd of dancing aliens.

YoureOneOfAKind_OrangeAlien

After coloring the special alien I added a bit of glitter to the antennae and the darker spots on his suit with orange and yellow Copic Spica pens.  I also added some Glossy Accents.  YoureOneOfAKind_OrangeAlien_AlienCloseup 

Also, this week’s TSG challenge (TSG102) is to use vellum so I had to find my stash of vellum (it is getting very low) and create a fun background.  I cut a piece of vellum to 4” high by 5 1/4” wide and embossed using the Stars Impression Plate from Taylored Expressions and the Grand Calibur die cutting/embossing system.  I then stitched the embossed vellum to a piece of yellow cardstock cut to the same size.  After layering on black cardstock I added some ribbon, twine and brads.

YoureOneOfAKind_OrangeAlien_VellumCloseup

So what do you think?  Does it qualify for the a Cuteness Award? :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Out of this World (There She Goes).
Paper: Naturals White, So Saffron and Basic Black (SU!), white (PTI), Fine and Dandy designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: brads (SU!), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Stars Impression Plate (Taylored Expressions), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensionals, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Ric Rac ribbon and twine (May Arts), button.

2 comments:

  1. You never cease to surprise me!! Great techniques and clever!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)