Thursday, April 14, 2011

Carrot Car is Driving By

“Carrot Car!  Carrot Car!  Driving by on a Spring day!”  Sorry – couldn’t resist.  I think this fun carrot car, being driven by a bunny, needs its own theme song. :)  Ever since I received the Hello Spring stamp set from Taylored Expressions I’ve been obsessed with this little image and I finally made a card with it.  Took me long enough! :)

CarrotCar_SignsOfSpring_DLounds

I stamped the carrot car twice and colored both with Copic markers.  I then cut them out (just the car from the first image) and layered them together with dimensionals.  I applied a coating of Glossy Accents to the car and dusted with glitter and added a couple of rhinestone gems to the wheel rims… this is one stylin’ cruise-mo-bile!  I die cut a piece of yellow cardstock using the From the Heart Frame die and used the Hearts Impression Plate on the Kraft background.  A little scrap of designer paper and a bit of yellow ribbon finished the card.

CarrotCar_SignsOfSpring

One final note… instead of using my sewing machine I added a bit of faux stitching using a mat pack, paper piercer and white gel pen.  It’s been a long time since I pulled out the white gel pen. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Hello Spring (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Kraft, Barely Banana (SU!), Teal textured, Choice Buttercream (TE), Stella Rose – Hazel (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica AtYou pens.
Accessories: From the Heart frame die, Hearts Impression Plate (Taylored Expressions), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), adhesive rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart), white gel pen, ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer, foam dimensionals.

FromtheHeartFrameDie

HeartsImpressionplate

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is so cute! Great colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this HAS to be the CUTEST card I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)