Monday, April 18, 2011

Monochromatic Butterfly

Hiya! 

I thought I would play along with the There She Goes Challenge for this week!  This week’s challenge is brought to us by our Trendsetter of the Week, Karen. She wants us to create a monochromatic card. Monochromatic is pretty easy – all you need to do is choose one or more shades of one color and for our challenge you can also use ONE neutral color of your choice. For all the details on the challenge head over to the TSG Blog.

For my card I went with shades of orange and a couple touches of black as my neutral of choice.  And what goes perfectly with orange?  A big bright monarch butterfly!  So as soon as I knew I was going to use orange I knew I wanted to use the Spread Your Wings stamp set!

OrangeButterfly_ManyThanks

I stamped two of the butterflies and colored both of them with Copic markers.  I trimmed both of them, cutting the wings off the second and layering over the first.  I used my fingers to curl the upper layer of wings a bit and then applied Glossy Accents and glitter.  Oh la la… I do love a little glitter.

OrangeButterfly_ManyThanks_Closeup

A few rhinestone swirls and black satin ribbon completed the card.  So what do you think… nicey nice?

Recipe:
Stamps: Spread Your Wings, Sentimental Thank You (There She Goes Clear Stamps).
Paper: Marigold Morning, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black (SU!), Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Stella Rose designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), rhinestone swirl stickers, black brads (SU!), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, black satin ribbon (May Arts), foam dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow, girl! I absolutely love this! Makes me long for warm summer days - super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous Danielle! The dimension on your butterfly is beautiful, and I love all the warm oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Love the warm colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)