Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pop a Squat

Hello!  Been a while, hasn’t it?  I took a little break from blogging the last few days because my allergies were on the rampage.  Blech!  But I’m back and crafting again.  So the first set I grabbed was the new My Little Friend from TSG.  I used three stamps from the set: an extra cute gnome home, a sitting gnome and the hilarious sentiment “Pop a squat and stay awhile.”

PopASquat_DLounds

I stamped the gnome and the home on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers before trimming.  I layered the gnome on the rooftop using foam dimensionals.  I added just a touch of Ranger Glossy Accents to the images and colored the mushroom spots with a Copic Spica AtYou glitter pen.  Next I diecut a Lacey Circle and a Circle using Nestabilities and adhered together.  I outlined the edge of the circle with Bisque Liquid Pearls and once dry added the main image using dimensionals.

PopASquat_MainImageCloseup

I stamped the sentiment on So Saffron cardstock and trimmed the ends with my scissors to create a little banner.  I used my fingers to add a bit of arch to the banner and adhered in place before adding a couple of brads and an acetate flower.

PopASquat_SentimentCloseup 

A little designer paper and a bit of dyed seam binding finished my card.  And did you notice? No stitching at all on this card… gasp.  Hee hee hee!

Recipe:
Stamps: My Little Friend (There She Goes).
Paper: Soft Sky, Early Espresso, So Saffron (SU!), Ripe Avocado, white (PTI), Stella Rose – Gertie (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica AtYou pens.
Accessories: brads (Recollections), ghost flower (Heidi Swapp), seam binding, dimensionals, Lacey Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Bisque Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger).

3 comments:

  1. This is SO cute Danielle! I love his little glasses, and the clear flower. Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, seriously? The little glasses on the gnome are FANTASTIC!! this is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)