Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Taylored Expressions Special Release

MidReleaseBadge

Surprise!  Taylored Expressions is have a special middle of the month release!!  We have so many fun stamps to showcase this month that we couldn’t fit it all into one release so we are bringing you a one-time mid-month release of 3 new stamp sets - Labels of Love, You're My Type - Upper and You're My Type - Lower.  Even more exciting is that they are designed to coordinate with Spellbinders dies!  And – the new sets are all available right now in the store!

We also want to take this opportunity to express a huge thank you to Spellbinders who generously provided our team members with Grand Calibur die cutting machines. Sweet, right? I've been using mine a bunch (especially with the Taylored Impression Plates – perfect impression each time) and I’m excited to show you a couple of projects that I made with the new stamps and using the Grand Calibur!

For my first card I used the new Labels of Love stamp set that coordinates perfectly with the Ribbon Tags Trio 3 set of Spellbinder dies.  Labels of Love was designed and illustrated by Taylor as part of the *te* collection of stamps and is a full sized set of 31 images (7 frames, 6 flourishes, 18 sentiments) that comes on a 5.75” x 8.5” full color sturdy storage panel.  This set is super versatile – the sentiments are perfect with the frames or can be used without them and they cover a wide range of occasion.  These stamps also work well with many other TE stamp sets including an oldie but favorite: For the Love of Cupcakes that I also used on my card.  Sweet sentiments and yummy cupcakes – perfect combination! ;)

HappyBirthdayCupcakes_Pinkaroo

I stamped the cupcakes on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored the frosting portion with Copic markers.  I then usednsome yummy new designer paper from the Neighborhood Collection by Crate Paper for the cupcake liner piece.  I used more of the papers from the 6 x 6 pad of the paper for various layers.  For extra sparkle I added Baby Pink Glitter Candy Dots to the each cupcake and then added a coating of Glossy Accents and a dusting of glitter.

Next up I stamped one of the frames from the set in Rose Coral Fluid Chalk ink on light pink cardstock and then cut out with one of the Ribbon Tag Trio 3 dies.  Next I stamped the sentiment in Rich Cocoa.  I threaded some ribbon and twine through the ribbon slide openings and attached the tag to the card front.

HappyBirthdayCupcakes_Pinkaroo_Closeup 

For my next card I used the Grand Calibur again.  This time to die cut some extra big shapes using the Grand Nestabilities.  First up I wanted to create a scalloped circle card base.  I cut a 5 1/2” by 11” piece of cardstock, scored at 5 1/2” and folded in half.  I lined the die so that it overhung the scored edge by a bit, secured it in place with tape and then ran it through the Grand Calibur.  This gave me a nice scalloped circle card base.

SpellBindersThankYouPhoto1

Next I die cut another scalloped circle from another 5 1/2” square of the same cardstock.  Since I needed to keep a seam for the card you end up with a portion of the circle that’s a bit flat but you can cover that up by adhering a separately cut piece of cardstock over the front of the card base.  Oh – and the Grand Calibur has a large enough cutting base that you can do multiple cuts all at once, so I cut a slightly smaller circle from Early Espresso at the same time. Oh yay! :)

SpellBindersThankYouPhoto2

And here you can see my scallop circle card… Oh la la.  I can’t believe I waited this long to make a circle card.  Must make more of them! 

I used the new You’re My Type – Upper stamp set, which includes 26 images A-Z, to create the “Happy” for the “Happy Birthday” sentiment flag.  There is also a new You’re My Type – Lower stamp set that includes 36 images A-Z plus numbers 1-0.  Each set comes on its own 4.75” square full color sturdy storage panel and are made of deeply etched rubber on EZ Mount cling and are all trimmed and ready to be used (I LOVE this part!).

I stamped the letters on a couple colors of cardstock and punched them out using the 1/2” circle punch (perfect fit!).  I then created a flag using one of the dies from the Nested Pennants set.  The “birthday” portion of the sentiment and all of the other fun images used on the card are from the delightful In the Park stamp set.

HappyBirthdayBicycle_UsingNestingPennants

The smaller pennant flag from the set of dies also makes a really fun decorative accent.  I used two of them towards the bottom of the card – fun fun!  I finished my card with some sweet Webster Page accents (pin and resin flower) and delightful Lily Bee designer paper.

HappyBirthdayBicycle_UsingNestingPennants_Closeup

So what do you think?  Do you like the new goodies?  Do you like my cards?  Should I make more circular cards? :)

For more fun samples check out the rest of the Baker’s Dozen:

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - me!
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
Jami Sibley

P.S. To celebrate the first ever TE Mid-Month Release there is a Special Offer: Both the NEW Nested Pennants and the NEW Lacey Pennants are 30% off at the TE Store while supplies last! Regular price $19.99, sale price only $13.99

Pink Cupcake Recipe:
Stamps: Labels of Love, For the Love of Cupcakes (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Lt Pink, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Neighborhood designer (Crate Paper).
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers, Rose Coral Fluid Chalk (ColorBox).
Accessories: button, Pink Bakers Twine, Ruffled Suede and Ivory Embroidered ribbons (May Arts), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine Glitter, Pink Baby Pink  Glitter Candy Dots (Pebbles), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Ribbon Tags Trio 3 (Spellbinders).

Happy Birthday Circle Recipe:
Stamps: You’re My Type Upper, In The Park (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Tangerine Tango, Almost Amethyst (SU!), Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Picket Fence and Stationery designer (Lily Bee).
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers.
Accessories: 1/2” circle punch (Ek Success), Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle Grand Nestabilities, Nested Pennants (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, edge distressor tool, foam dimensionals, Flower & Heart Pins (Webster’s Pages), Little Whimsies – Mini Petal Assortment (Webster’s Pages), twill.

11 comments:

  1. How adorable! I am loving that little row of cupcakes - it's so cheery! Fabulous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the super shiny cupcake card with the Labels of Love set and I'm always a big fan of shaped cards.... I still need to buy the circles to make circle ones like that-- LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards! that's a big 'yes' to more circular cards!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creations!! Love the cupcake card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both just AMAZING Danielle! LOVE the row of cupcakes and your second card is just darling with the way you did the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first card is so sweet with those cupcakes and I love you you placed the word "happy" along the length of the banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooooooo!!! Wow wow wow! I adore those cupcakes - holy moly - so yummy and what an awesome color combo on the second card - love how you did the sentiment!! Beautiful creations!
    big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooooooo!!! Wow wow wow! I adore those cupcakes - holy moly - so yummy and what an awesome color combo on the second card - love how you did the sentiment!! Beautiful creations!
    big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both such incredibly cute and creative projects!! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE both your birthday cards and what a delight to see today as it is my birthday! Hope you have a Happy Easter! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)