Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: Card Kits, Banners and Moms

Hello!  Welcome to day two of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions.  I’m excited because I have two fun projects to share with you… and since they didn’t involve spelling out the current year I didn’t have to redo them. ;) 

WednesdayApril6th

First up I wanted to mention that as part of the release Taylored Expressions has created two fabulous card kits: Emma’s Shoppe and Hello Luscious.  For my projects today I used the Hello Luscious card kit which includes the following: 

10 Choice Buttercream Cardstock A-2 card bases
10  A-2 envelopes
15 sheets of patterned paper sized for card making at 4" x 6" (3 sheets each of 5 double-sided patterns from the Basic Grey Hello Luscious collection)
20 sheets of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cardstock (4 sheets each of 5 colors)
1 package of Kaisercraft Rhinestones
8 panels of Choice Buttercream Cardstock size 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (for images and layering)
5 yards of ribbon (2.5 yards each of 2 different styles)
1 Perfect Package Card Box

You can create at least 10 cards with the items included or switch things up and use the items to decorate the card box or something else crafty like a clipboard. ;)

For my first project I used the new Mom A La Carte stamp set, illustrated by the talented Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line.  I stamped the image on one of the Buttercream panels and colored with Copic markers.  I added a bit of Glossy Accents to the cup and dusted with glitter. :)

MomYoureTheBest_UsingCardKit

I accented the main panel with Liquid Pearls and added a cute ribbon tag with a button and twine.  I matted various pieces of designer paper on card stock and stitched the edges with my sewing machine.

MomYoureTheBest_UsingCardKit_Closeup

Next up is a small wood clipboard that I covered with more of the designer paper.  I added a little banner to the top using the new Banner Day 3 Stamp set and matching Banner Day 3 Die.  I thought it would be cute to create a little holder for sweet little notes.

JustANoteClipBoard_UsingCardKit

For my first little note I used the tree image from the Branching Out stamp set and added a sentiment from the same set.  Yes, my tree has blue rhinestone fruit… heh heh heh.  And glittery leaves… cause that is just the way I roll. :D

JustANoteClipBoard_UsingCardKit_Closeup

The note is not attached to the clipboard so it can be removed and replaced with a different note. But I was lazy and it took a long time to cut out the tree and add glitter so I only made the one (insert some snickering noises here).

JustANoteClipBoard_UsingCardKit_Apart

Are you ready for more fabulous sneak peeks?  Then check out these talented ladies:

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - me!
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
Nancy McKinney
Iwona Palamountain

Mom’s Day Card Recipe:

Stamps: Mom A La Carte (Taylored Expressions). Paper: Hello Luscious Card Kit (Taylored Expressions).  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.  Accessories: Bisque Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine glitter (MS), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, twine, button.

Clipboard Recipe:

Stamps: Banner Day 3, Branching Out (Taylored Expressions).  Paper: Hello Luscious Card Kit (Taylored Expressions).  Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers.  Accessories: Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine glitter (MS), oval punch (SU!), Banner Day 3 Die (Taylored Expressions).

13 comments:

  1. Super cute, Danielle! Love the mini clipboard! And of course your pearly dots on the card are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gorgeous, Danielle! I love the stitching and Liquid Pearls accwnts on the card, and your project is JAW-DROPPING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! You are so creative Danielle, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout on your MOM card and that sparkly cup is fantastic!!! The clipboard is super cute too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your creations!! Simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy MOLY girlie! These are SPECTACULAR! LOVE the glittery coffee mug...that looks SO good! Your clipboard is AWESOME too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom card is adorable, love the colors and all the details! Wow, great clip board and adorable note, great details and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stitching AND liquid pearls!! OHMY!!! I might have to faint!! Beautiful Mom card and that clipboard is the bomb! LOVE the way you roll with the blue gem fruit and the glittery leaves - simply gorgeous!
    hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. are you kidding me?! that is beyond cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card and I WANT ONE OF THOSE CLIPBOARDS!!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Mom card. Great design and color. Of course the stamp is terrific too!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my goodness, how fun is your little clipboard with the card?? LOVE it! Your mom card is darling - love all the shading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your mom card, Danielle! Look at all of those Liquid Pearls! I LOVE the clipboard too. . .what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)