Tuesday, April 5, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: Dream Big

Hello everyone! Guess what today is?! The first day of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions and we have plenty of goodies to share today: Dream Big Stamp Set, Treasure Life Stamp Set, Apothecary Shelf A la Carte Stamp, Apothecary Taylored Die Set and the Stars Impression Plate. Oh nicey nice!



For my sample today I focused on the Dream Big stamp set which contains 26 stamps and is perfect for all of your graduation needs: congrats cards, invitations and so forth). The fabulous Nancy McKinney illustrated this set for the Whimsical Wishes line of stamps. I'm also using the neato Stars Impression Plate (love!).

From the set I used the big circular sentiment and then combined the "Class of" sentiment with the current year - the set comes with a set of numbers so you can customize the year. Of course this assumes that you can remember how to spell the year... yeah, the first time around I stamped "2001". What's up with that?!



But I got it right the second time around... and then I decided to cut the numbers out and use dimensionals to give 'em a little extra pop so I stamped them yet again. ;) I accented the card with a bit of stitching, dots of Liquid Pearls, some fun ribbon and my current fixation: Glitter Candy Dots.

Before I forget, all of the fabulous stamps set and dies that the team are showcasing today will be available for purchase at Taylored Expressions on Thursday at 8:00AM (PST).



So what do you think? I tried to keep my card simple (ha ha ha! - total fail!) and suitable for a guy or a girl. Hmm... but unless guys like glitter, scallops and pearls I may have failed at that too! ;)

For more fabulous samples check out the following talented peeps:

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - me!
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
Nancy McKinney
Jami Sibley

Recipe:
Stamps: Dream Big (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Red, Black, Soft Sky (SU!), Choice Buttercream (TE), Stella Rose - Hattie (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Prussian Blue Fluid Chalk (ColorBox).
Accessories: Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Petite Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Cream Glitter Candy Dots (Pebbles), Stars Impression Plate (Taylored Expressions), ribbon, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).


10 comments:

  1. Super fun, Danielle! And too funny about putting the wrong year! You made me go back and check to make sure I put 2011! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Danielle! The color combo rocks and I love the ribbon tag in the corner. Great catch on the year, that is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, it's better than 'nicey nice' when you're working your magic! LOVE what you've done with the impression plate and all of your layers. I also love reading your posts. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of that ledger patterned paper and the splash of cool blue with the red and black color scheme. Too funny about the year! I had that sort of problem a lot with 2010/2001!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fabulous Danielle! I love the color combo - and that is too funny about the year (but also a great point to remember when I go to use those stamps!) Love the embossing and the glitter candy dots - and those liquid pearls rock the house (woo-hoo!!) Beautiful creation!
    hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this Danielle! STUNNING design and color combo! FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute Danielle!! Hilarious about putting the wrong year, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you let the sentiment be the star of this card!!! Hmmm...2001...I can't even remember what I was doing in 2001. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clean, crisp, and cute, Danielle! I love the striking colors. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, Danielle! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)