Sunday, May 15, 2011

Got You a Little Something…

I’m back!  But today it is a shabby (ish?) creation using one of the new Moka images from Taylored Expressions.  Oh, I love these sweet little people images! :)  I decided to use Moka Olivia to make a birthday card.  An orange birthday card.  Would you believe that until a year or two ago I did not like orange at all?  Now it is one of my favorite colors. :)

ShabbyOrange_Moka_DLounds

I stamped Olivia on Choice Snow White cardstock, colored with Copic markers and cut out.  I then die cut a lacey circle from light yellow cardstock and outlined with Buttercup Liquid Pearls.  Once dry I adhered Olivia to the circle with foam dimensionals.  Next I die cut a piece of designer paper and a piece of cardstock using a Labels die.  I used the same die for both and then trimmed the one cut from designer paper with my paper snips to make it a bit smaller.  The edges were then distressed, the layers adhered together and stitching added.  I then cut another piece of matching designer paper, roughed the edges and matted on more of the light aqua cardstock before adding stitching.  Around this layer I tied a piece of crinkly seam binding.  A little resin flower was adhered to the bow with Glossy Accents.

ShabbyOrange_Moka_Closeup1_DLounds

I stamped a matching sentiment from the set on another piece of the light yellow cardstock.  One end was trimmed into a flag and the edges were distressed before adhering to the card using dimensionals.  I then used some little letter stickers to spell out “Happy bday”.

ShabbyOrange_Moka_Closeup2_DLounds

Me likey!  What do you think?  Do you like the distressing and the crinkly seam binding?  I find myself heading for the edge distressing tool a lot lately. :D 

Recipe:
Stamps: Moka Olivia (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Soft Sky, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Stella Rose - (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Little Whimsies (Webster’s Pages), Letter Stickers (Cosmo Cricket), Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Labels and Lacey Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, seam binding, foam dimensionals, edge distressing tool.

4 comments:

  1. Great card!!! Love the colors & how you have your sentiment arranged :) Can't wait to get Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card, so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME Danielle...you rock orange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! I love your layout and every little detail... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)