Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May Blast from the Past Hop!

Hello everyone!

Today I’m participating in Taylored Expressions Blast From the Past blog hop.  It is a monthly hop for customers of TE… and it is the perfect opportunity to dust off your older TE stamps and show ‘em some lovin’. ;) 

So the theme for this month is to “Make it Masculine.”   Now that is a sight you don’t see very often on my blog.  After all, I do love my glitter and pretty ribbon.  However I managed to restrain myself (some twine did slip in) and made this card using the Belated Birthday – Oh Nuts A la Carte.

OhNuts_BlastFromThePast_DLounds

I stamped the squirrel twice and colored both images.  I trimmed both images (leaving off the tail on the second) and then layered them together using dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment on light yellow cardstock and used some masculine colored designer paper from the Stella Rose Hattie line by My Mind’s Eye.

OhNuts_BlastFromThePast_Closeup_DLounds 

So I think I achieved a masculine look.  Let me know what you think!

Recipe:
Stamps: Belated Birthday – Oh Nuts A La Carte (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Barely Banana, Naturals Ivory, Basic Black (SU!), Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Stella Rose - Hattie designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Labels Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Gray Divine Twine, twill tape, foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, black brads, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

14 comments:

  1. Just 'nuts' about that squirrel! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is just the cutest thing ever! LOVE this little squirell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Danielle! LOVE those DPs (especially the argyle one) and color palette and the way you added the sentiments as tags, very nice!
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute squirrel and great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Danielle! LOVE the colors and papers! Your squirrel is Beautiful (is that even possible?) and I LOVE your coloring and all the dimension!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card Danielle!!! I love the coloring, colors, layout - everything!! Could you make a 100 of these for me - because all I do is send out belated wishes!!! YOU soooooooo rock - sending you big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome Danielle! I love love love how you did that cute squirrel. SO creative! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely got the masculine look going!! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack Danielle this is TOOO stinkin' cute! I love it. Way to do masculine. LOL!! You rocked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeek! This is SUPER CUUUUTE!!! What an adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe... super cute! This little guy always makes me smile! Great choice of papers/colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How CUTE is this???? LOVE that little squirrel! I need to stop hoarding him and ink him up... too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)