Tuesday, May 10, 2011

RCC2: Shabby Bunny is Hopping By

Hey peeps!  I have some exciting news!  I’ve joined the Carousel Crew over at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge blog! :)  So you can expect some fun ribbon-y creations from me every couple of weeks!

RCC Weekly Challenge Icon

Today is my first day playing along with one of the challenges and it is a doozy!  Break out the shabby and make a chic creation.  For me, shabby means distressed edges, crinkly ribbon, doilies, crocheted what nots and stick pins.  For all of the challenge details (and instructions on how you can win a prize) and plenty of eye candy from the Carousel Crew check out the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog.

YouMakeMeHoppy_RCC2_DLounds

I don’t have any doilies or doily like dies so I used my Lacey Square Nestabilities.  For the main image I used the Warm Fuzzies stamp from the Pure Innocence line by MFT Stamps and colored the bunny suit with various pinks.

YouMakeMeHoppy_Closeup2_RCC2_DLounds 

I used some seam binding I dyed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and a bit of white crocheted trim from May Arts to accent the main image.  A bit of designer paper from Pink Paislee was the perfect complement to the cardstock and Copic colors I used.  To finish the card I added some itty bitty Tiny Twinkles and a stick pin.  I did coat the tip of the pink with Glossy Accents… just to be safe! :)  Oh and while I had the Glossy Accents out I thought a little on the bunny ears and the tiny hearts would be nice. ;)

YouMakeMeHoppy_Closeup_RCC2_DLounds

Hope you like my shabby card.  I must admit that I did a bit of a squee! when I saw my finished creation.  I may have to keep this one for a while!

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence – Warm Fuzzies (MFT Clear Stamps).
Paper: Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, Kraft (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Hometown Summer Designer (Pink Paislee).
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers.
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger), Tiny Twinkles (TE), stick pin (Webster’s Pages), Lacey Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, crocheted ribbon (May Arts), seam binding, foam dimensionals, edge distressor.

7 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!!! Thank you so much Danielle for joining my team...I can't tell you how much your support means to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How adorable! Sweet card, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How super cute! I love your PI girl with her darling pjs! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!! Love the colors & all the sweetness you put into this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)