Thursday, May 5, 2011

TE Release Day: Bringing Home Baby

Hello!  Today is the day!  All of the fabulous TE samples that we have been sharing are now available for purchase!  You can see all of the latest items in the Fresh out of the Oven category in the store.

Before you rush off to the store how about taking a peek at my project for today?  I mentioned in my Tuesday post that the new Bringing Home Baby set would be perfect for altering items or creating home decor.  Of course that was a hint that I had indeed used it to alter something… in this case a cute wood purse was turned into a fun gift holder!

ItsABoyGiftBox_DLounds

And all of the designer papers, cardstock and the orange twill are from a new Project Pantry Kit!  Taylor is offering a couple of new baby themed kits.  For my project I used Alphabet Soup – Boy kit which contains the following items:

  • 12 - 8.5"x11" sheets of cardstock (2 sheets each of 6 colors)
  • 27 - 4" x 6" sheets of double-sided patterned paper (3 sheets each of 9 patterns)
  • Want2Scrap Teal Baby Bling
  • 3 yds. of ribbon (1 yard each of 3 different styles)
  • 15 Mini Safety Pins (5 each of 3 colors)
  • Die cut embellishments to match patterned papers

Yes – I finally used a boy theme for one of my baby projects! :)

ItsABoyGiftBox_SideView_DLounds 

The details: I covered the box with various pieces of the designer paper. I used Perfect Paper Adhesive to adhere the paper to the box and then once dry as a sealant over the paper.  Once dry I tied ribbon around the box and tied a tag to the handle using twine.  For the main focal image I used the dresser image from the Bringing Home Baby set.  I stamped the image twice and colored both with my markers (just the drawers on the second).  I then cut out the extra drawers and adhered them over the first set using dimensionals.  I used a silver Copic marker on the drawer pulls and then coated all of the drawers with Glossy Accents.

ItsABoyGiftBox_Closeup_DLounds

I needed just a bit more decoration so I stamped the ABC block image three times, cut out and adhered to the box in different places.  So cute… I’m not sure I will be able to part with this project! :)

For more release day samples check out the Baker’s Dozen and friends:

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - me!
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
Wanda Guess
Jami Sibley

Recipe:
Stamps: Bringing Home Baby (Taylored Expressions).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Green Fluid Chalk (ColorBox).
Paper: all papers are from the Alphabet Soup – Boy Project Pantry Kit (Taylored Expressions).
Accessories: ribbon (also from the kit), small oval punch, twine, foam dimensionals, wood purse, Perfect Paper Adhesive (USArtQuest), Glossy Accents (Ranger).

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! What a fun idea for a gift holder - and I adore all the glaze, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so delightful! What a neat project. The use of the clear glaze on the dresser is GENIUS! I will steal that idea for sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you make so many things you stamp glossy, Danielle! This is an adorable project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)