Tuesday, May 31, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: A Day in Paradise

Hello!  How was your weekend?  I spent mine relaxing and catching up on some reading (and making a few cards). :)  I will admit that if the weather had been nicer (hello tornado warning) I might have spent more time outside… but the couch inside is comfy too.  But to make up for the less than stellar beach weather I had a couple of fun beach sets to use – the first sneak peeks for the June Taylored Expressions release!

TuesdayMay31st

June Release At a Glance

  • We have sneak peeks to share Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Friday, June 3rd at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department in the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets on Thursday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Special Early Bird Offer on Release Day for the first 15 orders over $100.  It's TOTALLY SWEET!
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and all will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments close Thursday 6/2 at 7pm PST for the drawings.

I’m sharing samples using two new stamp sets today.  The first is A Day in Paradise which is a full sized set on a 5.75" x 8.5" full color sturdy storage panel.  It’s a sophisticated Cape Cod beach themed set illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes Line.  I also used the new Wave Border Die.

Relax_ADChairs_DLounds

I stamped the deck chairs in Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored them pink and yellow with Copic markers.  I added a bit of sandy ground and a few weedy patches of grass.  I cut the image using an oval die, sponged the edges with Scattered Straw Distress Ink and added yellow Liquid Pearls along the edges.  I paired the fun image with some Echo Park – Splash designer paper and a Prima flower.

Relax_ADChairs_Closeup_DLounds

For my second card I used Beach Belle, a new Penguin Petite illustrated by Doug Applegate for the Apple Doodle Ink line.  The set of consists of 6 stamps and comes on a 3" x 5.5" full color sturdy storage panel.  There is also a matching fellow called Surf’s Up (but I didn’t use him…at least not yet!).

Bella_InAHulaSkirt

I stamped Belle on Choice Snow White and colored with Copic Markers and added a touch of Glossy Accents.  Umm… I tried to create a card without sewing on it.  Well… I accomplished that but the naked edges were driving me to distractions so I broke out the Liquid Pearls.  Ha ha ha.

Bella_InAHulaSkirt_Closeup 

That’s it for me today!  Check out the rest of the team for more fabulous samples:

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - me!
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
Nancy McKinney
Wanda Guess
Jami Sibley

Relaxing by the Beach
Stamps: A Day in Paradise (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Splash (Echo Park), Choice Snow White.
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers.
Accessories: Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Prima flower, seam binding, sewing machine and heavy duty white thread, Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Wave Border Die.

Hula on the Beach Recipe
Stamps: Beach Belle (Taylored Expressions).
Paper:Lime Twist – Life of the Party (My Mind’s Eye), Choice Snow White.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), oval punch, Little Whimsies – Lotus (Webster’s Pages), ribbon (May Arts).

waveborder

29 comments:

  1. so fun..great cards I'm lovin these cute penguins

    ReplyDelete
  2. THese are awesome Danielle! LOVE the adirondeck chairs on the first, and that penguin totally stole my heart on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the liquis pearls accents :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the beach chairs!! So cute!!

    Julie L.
    jlearned at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love your pink and yellow chairs! The penguin is just the sweetest ever - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cute cards! I love the bright colored Adirondack chairs...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your cards are adorable! Your liquid pearls are SO PERFECT! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. so RELAXING :-) Luv the colors of the chairs, fish papers on the bottom and WAVE on the top! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the penguins, hmmm looks like you can not leave the edges alone. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, she's such a sweet lil Penguin! Great cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those chairs! Makes me want one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The penguin is so cute... can hardly wait to see the rest of the stamps in this set. Love the liquid pears embellishment. Tks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your beach belle card is adorable. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE those coloured chairs and all the liquid pearls on the Beach Belle card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww... pink and yellow chairs! How sweet! And I love the glossified flowers on your penguin card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these cards are so much fun! I just love the colors and layouts you used, plus all those liquid pearls...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards, so summery and cheerful! The beach chairs are just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable cards ~ I can't wait to see the full release!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute, fun, and summery cards.

    Those adirondack chairs are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How adorable! LOVE those chairs on your first card! The penguin is so cute, love how you've colored her!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving all the cards. Just have to buy that wave die!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are my favorite ones. How cute. TY for sharing. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great images love the chairs and the penguins are darling as always.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are such fun cards! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh how cute! I LOVE the colors of the beach chairs and look at that hula penguin! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)