Friday, May 27, 2011

Thanks Sew Much

Hello!  Are you looking forward to the weekend?  I am for a variety of reasons.  Number One – here in the US it is a holiday weekend and I get Monday off from work.  Woo hoo, three day weekend!  Number Two – they are calling for sunshine this weekend.  No more rain!  I’m very excited about this.  Number three – I have some new stamps to play with over the weekend. ;)

And speaking of stamps her is a sew fantastic card I made with a couple of older Taylored Expression stamp sets: From the Heart and From the Heart Funnies.  I used the little sewing machine image and created a sewing themed thank you card.  I even crocheted a matching flower. :)

ThanksSewMuch_PinkSewingMachine 

Of course sewing machines can be stylish so I colored mine pink and coated the little hearts on it with a pink Copic Spica pen.  Of course if you are going to have a sewing themed card you really should add some sewing to it. So I did. :)

ThanksSewMuch_PinkSewingMachine_Closeup 

Here is a close-up of the flower and of the ribbon that I pleated as I adhered it to the card base.  I did run it through my sewing machine too… although the baker’s twine covers up the stitching.

ThanksSewMuch_PinkSewingMachine_FlowerCloseup

So what do you think?  Likey or no likey? 

Recipe:
Stamps: From the Heart, From the Heart Funnies (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Pink, Burgundy, Choice Snow White (TE), Lime Twist – Happy Go Lucky (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Pink Copic Spica Pen.
Accessories: Pink Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Glazed Brad (Basic Grey), Crocheted flower, Pink Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine), crinkly satin ribbon, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), foam dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. Another fabulous creation. Likey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love that pink sewing machine (I want one LOL!. Love your crocheted flower and the pleated ribbon - and the stitching of course! I love your stitching Danielle - always looks so fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! love how you did the stitching and the liquid pearls. Just beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)