Saturday, May 21, 2011

Thinking of You

Hello!  Did you see the weather earlier today?  Wow!  This morning and afternoon were beautiful.  A perfect sunny and warm day.  And then it rained… again.  So it looks like the weather for this year is one or two days of sun and warmth followed by a week of rain.  On the upside, all of the apple trees I planted last year and the year before are loving the rain.  They are all now taller than me!  Woot!  In a few years I will have fresh apples to munch on.  Nom nom nom! :)

ThinkingOfYou_BirdieAndTree

Speaking of trees one of my favorite TSG stamp sets is Happy Day which features this fun tree.  For my card today I paper pieced the leaves from some polka dot designer paper. I even added a second layer of leaves for extra tree goodness (and coated them with Crystal Effects and glitter).  Tree fairies must have been having a party. ;)

ThinkingOfYou_BirdieAndTree_Closeup1

A cute blue bird and some Bisque Liquid Pearls were used to accent the main tree image.  A little crinkly seam binding, a push pin and a few glittery candy dots finished the look.

ThinkingOfYou_BirdieAndTree_Closeup2

Let me know what you think! :)  I’m off to craft a bit more… or just make a mess in the craft room. :D

Recipe:
Stamps: Sentimental, Happy Day (There She Goes Clear Stamps).
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Cool Caribbean, Basic Black (SU!), Happily Lost and Stationery designer (Lily Bee Designs).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers.
Accessories: Crystal Effects and Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart), Seam binding, push pin (Webster’s Pages), Teal Glitter Candy Dots (Pebbles), foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

3 comments:

  1. Danielle, this is a super looking card. I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle: Well, the weather comment, up here in the country in Ontario...SAME! haha Yup...great pear and cherry tree in my backyard and too much grass cutting! This card is SO fun I can feel that magical birdi in fun and laughter flight! I LOVE how you glowed the leaves on top and the birdi. What a cool effect! The tree is so full and scrumptuous! But...where are the raindrops! lol Your ribbon is very cool, all scrunchy and stuffs. I really enjoyed enlarging it! Have a great day...we are on our Royal Watcher Weekend (Victoria Day Weekend!) Enjoy the Day. Samara xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)