Friday, June 24, 2011

Hay There!

So I have to admit that it took me two hours to write this blog post.  Why?  Because I stopped after uploading the pictures to do a quick Facebook check.  Not the smartest thing I’ve done!  Because one of my peeps on Facebook had a link to a funny blog post.  And it was very funny so of course I had to read more.  And then I clicked on a link from there to another blog and you all know what happened next… an hour of my evening lost to the interwebs… clicking on one link after another… quality time all around. Good thing I made this card before I went blog surfing, otherwise there would be no card for me to share today. Heh heh. ;)

 HayThere_FarmScene_DLounds

I created a farm scene using the new Green Acres stamp set from Taylored Expressions.  The inside of the card is blank so you will just have to imagine the amazing conversation that the horse and chicken on the front are having.  It might go something like: 

Horse: “Neigh.” 

Chicken: “Cluck cluck.”  

Yeah, they rock the social circuit. ;)

HayThere_FarmScene_Closeup_DLounds

Of course, now that you have seen the close-up and how the chicken is groovin’ a sparkly do (courtesy of Copic Spica pens and Glossy Accents) you might be imagining a dialogue with a bit more pizzazz. ;) 

Chicken: “Know where the chicks are?”

Horse: “Neigh.”

Mr. Horse isn’t the helpful type (snicker).  Got any ideas for a good horse/chicken convo leave ‘em in the comments for everyone to read. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Green Acres (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Kraft, Soft Sky (SU!), Ocean’s Tides (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), Stella Rose designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger), small oval punch (SU!), taffeta ribbon (SU!), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Tiny Twinkles (TE).

6 comments:

  1. love,love,love this!!!
    you just have to have a good laugh at times, surfing time well spent!
    love the shine on the chick also!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute card! Love the chick and her sparkly do!
    Your lil adventure around the web just reminded me of what I am doing right now, lol! I've been sitting here for 45 minutes now when I should be doing some chores before kiddos get home from their last day of school :)
    TFS! TGIF!
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "Like" this. Ugh, FB sometimes gets the best of my time too!! Super cute card, I absolutely LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I have to get this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally brilliant - love the dialogue too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)