Tuesday, June 7, 2011

RCC6: Getting Sketchy with ME!

Hello everyone!  I’m checking in with a Ribbon Carousel Challenge… this time a sketchy one!  Don’t you just love a good sketch challenge?! It’s a great place to start your creation. So this week I’m sharing one of my “Go To” sketches!

Blank Challenge

We’d love for you to participate!!! Make sure you link up with us using the linking tool at the bottom of the Ribbon Carousel Challenge page. If you are uploading to an online gallery, make sure you use the keyword RCC6. You don’t need a blog to participate in our challenge and each week, the Carousel Crew members vote for their “Top Spools”. Maybe this week, it’ll be you!  Head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge blog for all of the details on the contest and to find some pretty pictures of the creations by the design team! :)

For my card this week I used a cute image from Whipper Snapper Designs that I have had for a couple of months… and this is its first time seeing ink.  I’m neglecting my cute stamps again.  So sad… but hopefully this card will make up for it! :)

RCC6_SnailMail_DLounds 

I stamped the image on ivory cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers.  I added a touch of glitter to the hearts and flowers using Copic Spica pens.  I also added a touch of Glossy Accents to the flowers and the bird.  Once dry the image was trimmed and matted on Early Espresso cardstock before adding Bisque Liquid Pearls along the edges.

RCC6_SnailMail_Closeup_DLounds

For my ribbon I used a bit of Summer Sunrise poly-twill ribbon and then attached a button over it using some jute.  More jute was used to sew another button to a crocheted flower (btw - I’ve added some of these flowers to my Etsy shop).  The pretty designer papers are from a 6x6 Stella Rose – Hazel paper pad by My Mind’s Eye.

RCC6_SnailMail_FlowerCloseup_DLounds

I hope you enjoyed my card and my sketch.  We’d love to have you participate in the challenge.  *** We just ask that your creation include ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine or lace (basically anything that comes on a spool). *** :)

Recipe:
Stamps: CT900 Love Note Delivery (Whipper Snapper Designs).
Paper: Ivory Perfect Panel (MFT), Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory (SU!) Spring Moss (PTI), Stella Rose – Hazel designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: Glossy Accents and Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), jute (May Arts), buttons and Summer Sunrise Poly-twill ribbon (PTI), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Danielle! LOVE this sketch! I'll use it again and again!
    Your card is awesome! Your flower is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO gorgeous Danielle!! LOVE the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the gloss you added! Thanks for the awesome sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch and your card is absolutely darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER cute card Danielle! Love this one so much!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and <3 all the details you put on it. So pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)