Thursday, June 2, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: Cows and Sparklers

Welcome to the third day of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions.  I have a couple of projects to share today that I am very excited about.  So what do cows and sparklers have in common?  Not much, but I did use both of them on my projects today! So scroll down and check ‘em out! :) 

ThursdayJune2nd

June Release At a Glance

  • We have sneak peeks to share Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Friday, June 3rd at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department in the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets on Thursday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Special Early Bird Offer on Release Day for the first 15 orders over $100.  It's TOTALLY SWEET!
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and all will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments close Thursday 6/2 at 7pm PST for the drawings.

For my first project today I used the new Green Acres stamp set and made four gift tags!  Green Acres was illustrated by Doug Applegate for the Apple Doodle Ink line and includes 24 stamps.  It is a full sized set on a 5.75" x 8.5" full color sturdy storage panel and like all TE stamps this set is made from top-quality deeply etched rubber in a cute shade of pink and comes on EZ Mount already trimmed and ready to be used with your acrylic blocks.

TilTheCowsComeHomeTags_DLounds 

I LOVE this set!  It has oodles of fun farm images and includes super fun coordinating punny sentiments for lots of occasions.  For my tags I went a bit generic and just went with Congratulations.  However I did use the “Party til the cows come home!” sentiment on the back of the tags. Thus the cows on the front of the tags. How does a cow say congratulations?  Moola, of course!  Groan… I know that was terrible.  But I do now have an idea for a gift card or money holder. :) 

Btw, several of the smaller sentiments that come with the set coordinate perfectly with the Banner Day 1 Die and matching stamp set which I also used on my tags.

TilTheCowsComeHomeTags_FrontBack_DLounds 

I also used the brand spanking new Chicken Wire / Wood Grain Impression Plate.  Swoon!  Seriously, I did the happy dance when I saw this plate!  One side is Chicken Wire and the other is Wood Grain.  Of course I then covered up most of it with embellishments but it is there. ;)

Finished tag size is 2.5” (plus the overhang from the banner) wide by 3.5” wide.

TilTheCowsComeHomeTags_Closeup_DLounds

My second card uses another of the new Penguin Petite stamp sets illustrated by Doug Applegate for the Apple Doodle Ink line.  This one is called Uncle Sam and includes five stamps on a 3" x 5.5" full color sturdy storage panel.

UncleSamPenguin_DLounds

I went full on red, white and blue for my card.  That is not an easy color combo for me (one two many primary colors) but I really like how it turned out!  I did add a bit of glitter and a rhinestone to the sparkler.

UncleSamPenguin_Closeup_DLounds

So what do you think?  Are you excited about these new stamp sets (and the new Impression plate)?  I am!  For more fabulous samples check out the rest of the team:

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - me!
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
Nancy McKinney
Wanda Guess
Jami Sibley

Moo Tags
Stamps: Green Acres, It’s a Banner Day - 1 (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Lt Pink, Kiwi Kiss, Cranberry Kiss, Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Hometown Summer designer (Pink Paislee).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: ribbon (May Arts), Pink and Red baker’s twine (Divine Twine), jumbo eyelets, Glossy Accents (Ranger), foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), Pinking and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Banner Day 1 Die and Chicken Wire / Woodgrain Impression plate(Taylored Expressions).

BannerDay1DieChickenWireWoodgrainImpres

Celebrate
Stamps: Uncle Sam (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Naturals White, Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Hometown Summer designer (Pink Paislee).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: ribbon, twine, silver brads, grey button, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal fine glitter (MS), foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Stars Impression Plate (Taylored Expressions).

StarsImpressionPlate

26 comments:

  1. These are adorable, Danielle! Looks like you had some fun creating these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just darling, Danielle! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You always make the most fabulous tags! I love that ruffled ribbon, it's just perfect! And your Uncle Sam card is super adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are AMAZING! Those tags are SUPER fly (lol) and I LOVE the sentiment on the back! LOVE your pengiun card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!! Your tags are super fabulous! WOW! and I love the added sparkle you have on your Uncle Sam card - he's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute gift tags, love that set!
    Your cards are GREAT!

    Thanks for sharing!

    www.loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are adorable! I LOVE the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those gift tags are fantastic inspiration. Great work! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adorable! I love your "he" and "she" tags, those cows are so cute! The gingham ribbon is just perfect, and your penguin card is adorable too!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tags so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lil cow tags are udderly adorable!!! and the lil Penguin is much too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those tags are so cute and I love seeing the chicken wire!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow so cute.. looks like I'll have to start saving again :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are terrific Danielle! I especially like the moo cow tags!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chicken wire impression plate with woodgrain on the reverse? I am in serious trouble now!

    I always love your work - it is one of my daily highlights to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute I love the farm images.

    ReplyDelete
  17. EGADS woman! Your cards and tags today are off the hook! Perfect post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. so adorable ..great cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Get OUT with those cute tags!!! Love all the sparkle the 4th of July card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Wowowowow! Love love those tags and your patriotic penguin is just perfect!! Still picking my jaw up off the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just ADORE your tags, Danielle! They are awesome! And how cute is the patriotic penguin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)