Wednesday, June 29, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks: Flying By and Have a Wild Day!

 WednesdayJune29th

July Release At a Glance

  • We have sneak peeks to share Wednesday and Thursday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Friday, July 1st at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL GIVEAWAY, on Thursday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments close Thursday 7/30 at 7pm PST for the drawings.

I’m sharing two cards today.  The first uses the In the Clouds stamp set and the new Clouds Border Die and Blimps and Banners DiesIn the Clouds is a full sized set on a 5.75” x 8.5” sturdy storage panel.  Nancy McKinney illustrated this set as part of the Whimsical Wishes line.  The set includes 7 different blimp images, a few accessory images, a couple of banners and oodles of different sentiments!  I think this is my new go to set for birthdays and thinking of you cards.  There is a fabulous belated birthday sentiment that I am sure I will use over and over!  And get this the flag/banners in this set will work with the Banner Day 1 and Banner Day 3 stamp sets.  Bonus!

InTheClouds_Wednesday_DanielleLounds

For my card I stamped one of the blimp images five times on Choice Snow White cardstock and die cut using the Blimps and Banners Dies.  After cutting I colored each of the images with Copic markers and added Glossy Accents to the windows.  Next I cut a strip of Soft Sky cardstock using the Clouds Border die.  I LOVE these dies.  You can even use the border die to sponge a cool cloud background – that is next on my list of things to try. :)  I kept the rest of the card simple… very simple for me.  I think it turned out great but the urge to add sewing or some other kind of bling almost overwhelmed me but I persevered and stayed strong. ;)

InTheClouds_Wednesday_Closeup_DanielleLounds

For my second card I used the Life is a Circus stamp set and the Stars Border die!  Life is a Circus is another full sized stamp set on a sturdy full color storage panel.  Doug Applegate illustrated the set for the Apple Doodle Ink line.  The set is full of fun circus images and matching sentiments.  Hee… I feel just like a kid playing with this set.  Only downside is that I am now craving a bag of cotton candy! LOL!

LifeIsACircus_Wednesday_DanielleLounds

I stamped the lion image from the set on Choice Snow White cardstock twice, colored and cut out with scissors.  I layered the head from the second image on top of the first for extra dimension.  I attached him to circular piece of cardstock (die cut with a Nestabilities Circle die) and stamped a matching sentiment.  RAWR!  To accent the card I cut a strip from dark brown felt using the Stars Border die.  It was a bit longer than I wanted so I trimmed it a bit.  A bit of designer paper, some sparkly Candy Dots and Liquid Pearls and I was finished.

LifeIsACircus_Wednesday_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Whew!  So much fun stuff to share and I didn’t even have a chance to use everything we are sneak peeking today!  There is also a fabulous Clouds Taylored Impression Plate which is a m a z i n g and a set of Seeing Stars dies which I used on one of tomorrow’s samples. So to see more samples using the new TE stamp sets and fabulous new dies check out the rest of the design team:

Flying By Recipe:
Stamps: In the Clouds (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Lime Twist – Fly a Kite designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers)
Accessories: poly-twill ribbon, Brown Sugar twine (Divine Twine), foam dimensionals, Cloud Border and Blimps & Banners dies (Taylored Expressions).

CloudBorder   BlimpsBanners

Have a Wild Day Recipe:
Stamps: Life is a Circus (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Stella Rose – Hattie designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Brown felt, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), jute (May Arts), Glitter Candy Dots (Pebbles), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Star Border Die (Taylored Expressions).

StarBorder

37 comments:

  1. Oooh... it's a blimp parade! Super cute, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blimps are genius, and that lion is just too cute! Great cards, Danielle :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little lion! And the multiple blimps are awesome! SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the blimps! How creative! And the lion is adorable!! I'm totally craving cotton candy and popcorn - hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very cute cards --- there are just too many new items I want to buy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your feelt of blimps! And I feel like we were on the same wavelength on our circus cards. I just wish I had thought to pop the head up like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cards! Love the sweet lion! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the lion card. I want this set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the multiple little blimps! Love the colors and layout of the circus card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your blimp parade card. It so reminds me of summer time. You are wicked with your scissors girl. Every image you hand cut looks like it was done with a die. How do you do it?!!!! I'm hoping by stalking, I mean visiting your blog I will learn by osmosis. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both just fabulous! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cards and all the new products! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Danielle, your cards are so cute! I especially love that lion card and I'm not lyin'! Adorable blimp parade, your glossy windows are such a fun embellie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CLouds and stars and a lion...love that lion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the blimp filled sky!

    That lion is sooooo cute with his head popped up like that.

    Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love love your multi-blimpies! So cute! And the dimension on your lion is fab! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the lion he is too cute. My nephew will love it! I cant wait to get this set! Great job as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, what a sweet Lion card! and I adore all of those blimps flying about! Super cute cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome cards love the liquid pearls. Thanks for achance to win

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome cards love the liquid pearls. Thanks for achance to win

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome cards love the liquid pearls. Thanks for achance to win

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the lion. He's soooo cute, as is your blimp card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG, way to get your blimp on - that card is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These cards are great! I'm loving that star border.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eeeek! These are both super cute - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute cards. Love your color choice and the little lion is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I adore the cute little lion and the black stars border behind him - so cute and wild! And the blimp parade is awesome and fun!!! SO sweet!
    Big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really like both of your cards - cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a fun set! Love the playful images! Great samples Danielle. Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So many blimps! I love it.

    And I can't believe how perfect you made that circle of liquid pearls. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love what you did with the blimps! The Lion is AAAAAdorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just love the blimps! Both cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  33. ACK! LOVE your fleet of blimps Danielle! SO super cute! That lion is ADORABLE as well!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your work is so fabulous...I LOVE everything you make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)