Friday, July 15, 2011

Congratulations Blimp

Eeps!  I’m a little late posting this card today but it is cute so you’ll forgive me won’t you? :)

I stamped a blimp and one of the banners from the In the Clouds stamp set and colored them with Copic markers.  I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I decided that I needed a cloudy background so I pulled out the new Clouds Border Die from Taylored Expressions and cut a strip of cardstock that I used as a template to create the clouds.

CongratulationsBlimp_DLounds

Because blimps are fun I decided to coat this one with Crystal Stickles.  To finish the card I added a few buttons, a length of ribbon and Bisque Liquid Pearls.

CongratulationsBlimp_Closeup_DLounds

So what do you think of the color combination of Turquoise and Yellow?  I must admit this isn’t one that I would come up with on my own… the pretty colors of the designer paper inspired me. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: In the Clouds (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Tempting Turquoise (SU!), Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Happily Lost designer (Lily Bee Designs)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: Bisque Liquid Pearls, Glossy Accents, Crystal Stickles (Ranger), Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cloud Border Die (Taylored Expressions), Blimps and Banners Dies (Taylored Expressions), ribbon, buttons, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals.

CloudBorder 

BlimpsBanners

2 comments:

  1. OH MY! That blimp looks soooo beautiful! LOVE all the glitter--great card! I need to check out Taylor Expressions! LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)