Sunday, July 10, 2011

If Friends Were Flowers

Hi all!

I’m checking in today with a sweet card I made with another neglected Whipper Snapper stamp from the Spring release: Three Flower Friend.  So very cute and sweet.  I kept the color palette mostly neutral and then added a few pops of color.  I even used More Mustard cardstock… not one of my favorites but I really like how it looks on this card. :)

ThreePotsOfFlowers

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black on white cardstock and colored with PrismaColor pencils.  I stamped one of the little pots a second time, colored and trimmed.  It was than adhered over the middle one with dimensionals.  I accented the main image with a small strip of designer paper layered on Early Espresso cardstock.  After stitching the edges I sewed a length of twill ribbon along it… ruffling it a bit messily as I sewed. :)

ThreePotsOfFlowers_Closeup

So what do you think?  I really need to give more lovin’ to my Whipper Snapper stamps. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Three Flower Friend (Whipper Snapper Designs).
Paper: Early Espresso, More Mustard, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PrismaColor pencils and OMS.
Accessories: Labels Nestabilities (Spellbinders), embossing folder (QuicKutz), yellow twill ribbon (May Arts), rhinestones (Kaiser Crafts), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Love the stitching and the cuttlebugged background :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this card. very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card...love the colors and your ribbon detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)