Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Keeping it Simple: This Light is for You!

If you have been following my blog for a while you might have figured out that I use a lot of layers, sew all over the place and enjoy using lots of bling (ohhh glitter – how I love thee).  So how about I switch things up a bit and make something a tad simpler?  Maybe challenge myself once a week to make a card that attempts to be CAS (clean and simple)?  You’ll notice I said “attempt” there.  I don’t know if I can go totally CAS on a consistent basis but I should be able to simplify my normal style. :)  Anyways, here is my first attempt:

LifeIsBrighter_GoingSimple_Single

Of course… it being a simpler card I decided to make four of them, two of which I have added to my Etsy Store as a set. ;)

The details: I stamped the lamp on white cardstock, colored and cut out.  I stamped the same image on the Kraft base and then adhered the colored pieces into place, using dimensionals on the lamp shade.  I added a strip of designer paper and a strip of Rich Razzleberry cardstock that was scalloped along the bottom edge.  To finish I stamped a sentiment and rounded the top corners.

LifeIsBrighter_GoingSimple_4Pack

So what do you think? Would you like me to continue sharing my attempts at simpler cards? Would you like to play along?  If so, let me know! ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Lighten Up (There She Goes Clear Stamps).
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Kraft (SU!), white (PTI).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Tiny Twinkles (TE), Scallop Edger Punch (SU!), foam dimensionals, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

3 comments:

  1. Dear Danielle; Although I am always overwhelmed at everyone's creativity (Hence...I follow a lot of beautiful blogs!), it is not realistic for me to make cards with all of the fussy-cuts and dozens of pieces. I really appreciate the "simple card" entries, as they are great ideas that ARE realistic for me to complete. So~THANKS and feel free to post more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Danielle! I love the simple cards, especially when the design is well-balanced and doesn't just look like an "easy" card! This one is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)