Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Keeping it Simple: Three Birthday Hats

Oh wow… I made another “simpler” card.  Two weeks in a row.  Oh the shock and the surprise at my consistency.  LOL!  Now if only I could stick with an exercise plan for this long. ;)

For this week’s simpler card I used the Make a Wish stamp set from There She Goes.  I stamped various hat images from the set on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I added a touch of Glossy Accents to the trim and dusted with Crystal Fine Glitter.  Once dry I cut each of the hats out. 

ThreeLittleBirthdayHats_DLounds 

Next I cut a strip of designer paper and matted on Black cardstock.  I cut a piece of scallop edging using an edger punch and adhered it along the back side of the main panel.  The little sentiment was stamped on a small piece of cardstock and adhered to the card base after stamping the Yum image in Versamark.  Next I accent the main panel with a bit of twine and a couple of buttons and used dimensionals to attach all of the pieces together.  For a final touch I added two tiny rhinestones.

ThreeLittleBirthdayHats_Closeup_DLounds

Well… it is a bit more complicated than last week’s card but definitely simpler than my usual style.  Oh, and for those who like fussy and lots of layers… well, let’s just say that my samples for the next TSG release are completed and there is lots of stitching and designer paper.  Hee hee hee. :)

ThreeLittleBirthdayHats_MultiShot_DLounds

And like last week I made my simple card a few friends.  A couple of them I switched the yellow accents for bright pink.  Nicey nice!

Recipe:
Stamps: Make a Wish (There She Goes)
Paper: light blue/aqua, black (SU!), white (PTI), designer (Lily Bee Designs).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Copic markers.
Accessories: Buttons (PTI), Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine), Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), Scallop Edger punch (SU!), foam dimensionals, Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart), Glossy Accents (Ranger).

3 comments:

  1. I really really LOVE this design, Danielle. I hope you don't mind if I borrow this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! You make "simple" look really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)